XIAOMI WQHD 34" 3440X1440 144Hz

Associate
Hi.

A review on this low cost monitor as well that we can compare with other iiyama, aoc, gigabyte, ...

Whilst most monitors of this class come at quite steep price points, the new Xiaomi panel’s feature set focusing on the basics of the monitor means that it can offer some extremely good value. The 34” panel comes at a resolution of 3440 x 1440 and is of a VA type that is speculated to be manufactured by Samsung Display. As with other such VA panels we see a 3000:1 contrast ratio which should offer deeper blacks than other display technologies besides OLEDs and locally dimmed backlight monitors.

The curvature lands at 1500R which means it gives you an immersive field-of-view without too much of an exaggeration. The monitor’s design is minimalistic and has minimal bezels on the top and sides, with only a thicker design for the bottom bezel.

The one thing missing from the monitor’s spec sheet is any kind of HDR support, given the monitors limited brightness of only up to 300cd/m² - one of the only real compromises of the hardware. It has a wide colour gamut support of up to 121% of sRGB coverage.

In terms of I/O, the monitor features two DisplayPort 1.4 ports as well as two HDMI 2.0 ports, which actually makes it quite versatile in terms of input abilities as it allows for window modes with left/right split or even a picture-in-picture setup. There’s also support for FreeSync – although at an undisclosed refresh rate range.

It lacks any USB connectivity and only has a 3.5mm audio jack as an extra connector. The power supply is integrated into the monitor with a standard AC connector having to be plugged into it.

Xiaomi says the stand and back support is easily removable with magnetic holders, secured only by an easy-remove latch. The stand is adjustable in height, swivel and tilt, and can be removed completely in favour of a 100 x 100mm VESA mount, for which there’s included extra spacer bolts and screws.

20200910-163542.jpg

Associate
OP
No.
The only one gsync comp at those prices was the gigabyte G34WQC but gigabyte removed that sentence from their website. So ...

what quartz said

I understand that being the case for some people but considering this can be had for only £479, if you want a 34inc ultra wide with high refresh rate then it's either this or you have to spend double, I think if anyone has a limited budget this has to be the go to screen, personally I don't get the VA hate on here.

Permabanned
Not into UW but VA ok by me, not want greys on IPS crap and VA is the closest you will ever get on LCD tech to CRT/Plasma/OLED.

Man of Honour
I understand that being the case for some people
i dunno man...budget VA panels are usually meh

but considering this can be had for only £479, if you want a 34inc ultra wide with high refresh rate then it's either this or you have to spend double, I think if anyone has a limited budget this has to be the go to screen, personally I don't get the VA hate on here.
the iiyama non-curved 34" 1440p IPS 144hz can be had for £310 at one point...i think it's back up to £380 now tho

Back
Top Bottom