Associate
Hey guys, just a quick one.. Not exactly overclocking but technically it is.

I haven't encountered that before. I ve bought a set of 16x2 GB Corsair RGB memory CL15 3000mhz. If i select an xmp profile on my z490 G gaming it sets out unusual values. FSB is set to 102.5 ( which i can understand due to 3000mhz ram) but it also sets out cpu cache ratio to 43.
I do not want to run it on these settings. This causes extra heat and extra fan noise. SO what I did is a manually set it to 100 FSB, I set cpu cache to auto, keep the CL15 timings and voltage 1.35( up from 1.2) but run in in 2933mhz instead of 3000mhz.

DO you think I did the right thing?

Soldato
FSB is usually 100 unless there is a reason for you to overclock it. overclocking FSB hasnt been done for ages now. but the 102.5MHz FSB might be the motherboard just clocking it slighly higher.

FSB is the clock speed that everything runs off.

the 43x multiplier is your CPU overclocking. the XMP setting you have selected is most likely the CPU auto OC profile. you should revert that back to auto or default if you are concerned about fan noise.

XMP for ram in intel system is under another selection. in DDR or RAM setting you can select RAM XMP profile from there.

Back
Top Bottom