XMP shows correctly, but bios will not honour it

Associate
Hey, just had a quick layman question, picked up some awesome 8-pack 3600 14-15-15-35 1.45v memory, good kit, i understand though there are some teething problems with gigabyte boards (from searching the forum), im running an z390 aorus ultra, F10b bios, memory doesn't appear on the applicable compatible list , which is over a year outdated, but the board supports up to 4333, so i think the compatible list is just splitting hairs?

https://imgur.com/a/QM6bMuw

So in this image you can see, the bios reads the xmp correctly, 3600 etc. etc. however it does not use 3600, it stops at 3200, even if i tell it to use 3600 - nothing happens.
I dont really understand why. Also if i tell it to force 4000mhz, it works fine, so that settings clearly does something it just seems to totally ignore 3600, in fact if i tell it to run 3500, it works fine. whats more strange though is that gigabyte easytune will actually report the mem freq as 36 but then display 3200 max.

Im a totaly layman by the way and just running no OC or anything, i9 on normal boost, 4.7 multi 5.0 single all auto, same with memory stuff, truth be told theres prob a ton of settings i dont understand that might need changing to adapt, any info or teaching would be greatly appreciated. As i say i really dont understand why my board seems to behave as if 3600 doesn't exist

Back
Top Bottom