XP on Raptor

Associate
Got A WD raptor 74gb and im trying to install windows on it but windows installation thing dont see the drive but my bios does.
mobo: Asrock dual sata got a driver CD with it but no floppy.

Last edited:
Associate
i think there is a setting in the bios to tell it to boot sata not ide hd and you dont need any drivers if its not in a raid and i take it your hd is connected to the blue sata port not the red??

Last edited:
Associate
Alternatively, make sure you put the drive in connectors 1 or 2. I have four on my board and it wouldn't do RAID on 3 and 4, had to be 1 and 2 for the first hard drive connection.

Soldato
When i set up XP on my board i had to set my single drive as a JBOD (single drive) raid array. I then had to install the raid drivers from my motherboard cd onto a floppy and then press F6 when installing XP to install the raid drivers.

Associate
westie17 said:
Got A WD raptor 74gb and im trying to install windows on it but windows installation thing dont see the drive but my bios does.
mobo: Asrock dual sata got a driver CD with it but no floppy.

Ther are instructions in the Manual that came with your Asrock that tells you how to make the floppy you need. You don't need another PC, you can boot from the CD and make the floppy from there. Much better than most manufacturers who expect you to have access to another PC! If all else fails, RTFM!

Windows XP does not have drivers on the CD for the SATA controller on the Asrock (or many others for that matter). So you have to 'do the F6 thing' and use a floppy to load the drivers. If you don't have a floppy drive (ahh, shame!) you can integrate the driver into XP using nLite or something similar, but then you will need a second PC.

Permabanned
Only XP slipstreamed with SP2 onto a cdr will see some sata controlers like Nvidia, I know silicon image still dont work, as most peep will be installing plain XP then updating to SP2 or installing XP-SP1 then updating to SP2, they will also need use floppy and F6 method.

Last few Vista builds now let you choose floppy / cdrom / usb device for sata raid drivers.

Back
Top Bottom