Yellow cars - lover or hater?

Associate
OP
Personally don't like bright colours on cars, I just think it screams "look at my car its compensating for a lack of self confidence/small penis or screams egotistic.

Its a bit like those guys that live with their parents but still have a brand new german saloon.

I can say honestly and without predjudice thats really not the case ;), at least for me. I see yellow cars, along with bright blue, red, white, as a nice change from the monotomy of silver and grey of the modern world. I try not to see the world in terms of big/small penii (is that a word?). The Lambo pics I posted probably are linked to those of the over compensating type, but I still quite like 'em.

Soldato
The only yellow I like is Fiat Broom Yellow as on Punto GT/Sporting from the 1990s. I don't like the other yellows.

Associate
Love yellow cars, I want a Phoenix Yellow M3 as my next car, I also want a Citrene mk1 Mondeo to replace my old Sierra.
Bring on the manly yellow!

Lum

Lum

Soldato
A guy on the SomethingAwful forums put it best, the words were something like.

Bright colours like yellow or lime green are awesome, but they need to be on a car which is able to contain that level of awesome.

Followed by a picture of a lime green Lambo and a lime green fart-cannon Civic.

Putting yellow on a hatchback? Sorry the huge number of underpowered crappy yellow MG 25s has basically killed that one.

Last edited:
Soldato
Not a big fan of yellow, having said that there's a leon cupra R (ol shape) and a Honda s2000 I regularly see which suit that colour imo.

Soldato
Sports cars pull off yellow better than a hatchback!

j-ltd-2_01.jpg

Soldato
Disliked yellow cars ever since they run of mill cars starting getting popular in yellow, such as the Civic Jordan, they still demands a premium 10 years later, granted only so many were made but its yellow and has a fugly interior, underneath its no different to any other Civic VTI

Soldato
mmmmm integrale.

Big regret not buying a rather nice Evo II about 7 years ago.

Tell me about it :(

I was going to buy an EVO1 about 3 years ago. £6K would have bought a lovely lords blue EVO1 I found in London. However, I drove a very nice example at Walkers up in Yorkshire and I didn't like it at all. Gutted!

Bought another Impreza instead. Lost money on the sale of the scoob and similar EVO1 to that Lord Blue example are £12K easy.

Pish!

Soldato
The Cinq I had for years was yellow. I quite liked it and went out of my way to get a yellow one when I bought it. In retrospect I should have got one of the metallic blue ones though as they were much more uncommon and the orange trim on them looked ace.

Back
Top Bottom