Soldato
That is what I'm trying to establish, if they are becoming a less generic thing and more of an Asian thing then I could be appropriating them... please remember it is [current year]!

On the iPhone there are six colours — five shades from black to white and the bright yellow.

If anyone was going to be offended by your emojis, it would be because you associate bright yellow with Asians, not because you’re not using the white set. :D

Caporegime
OP
Judging by the tags, sounds like more of the usual GD rubbish that you know will rile up the crowd and invitably get closed.

Sorry to hear you've had a sense of humour failure, thankfully most people have treated it in a light hearted way as intended.

Soldato
Im white but use the brown thumbs up. Don't really care what one I use though as it's just a colou
I have white friends that use the black emojis. Nobody cares.

I'm white and use black ones regularly. I don't really care and it seems nobody does I send them to. Would I care if a black guy sent me a white thumbs up? No.

Soldato
Are the yellow hand symbols not (as I have generally considered them to be) generic but actually Asian?
No, they're generic Simpsons style. AOL/MSN/Yahoo created them that way specifically to make them race neutral. Of course you may well run into a lot of millennials who have no idea what instant messaging was lol.

Soldato
Why do people always get GenZ confused with Millennials?

I'm a millennial and had a BBC and Tandy TRS80 as my first computers

Hell, my first email address was when you had to have a number rather than a name

Caporegime
My japanese friends are whiter than me, and my vietnamese friends are more tanned than my mixed-race friends, so the colour of the emoji is bloody irrelevant. Am I supposed to use the brown ones when I have a wicked tan? :p

Soldato
I'm white and use the black. Just because I like baiting people into an argument about digital blackface...

Lol jk. None of my friends care..

Soldato
Why do people always get GenZ confused with Millennials?

I'm a millennial and had a BBC and Tandy TRS80 as my first computers

Hell, my first email address was when you had to have a number rather than a name

Said this in another thread, Millennials start from being born early 80s to early 2000s' The teenagers in school now are not aren't millennials.

To avoid anyone getting offended I don't use emojis anymore and just communicate via dick pic.

Soldato
Said this in another thread, Millennials start from being born early 80s to early 2000s' The teenagers in school now are not aren't millennials.

To avoid anyone getting offended I don't use emojis anymore and just communicate via dick pic.
It's because the media have been incorrectly using it for ages now. Also the age range is too big. There's a big difference between people born in the 80's and early 2000's. Early 2000's can be grouped in the GenZ camp as far as I'm concerned. Mostly permanently offended moaning flakes of snow

Soldato
I use whatever i like, don't care if it offends anyone. If anyone actually does get offended over someone using the 'incorrect' colour emoji they seriously need to take at look at their life and figure out where it all went wrong.

Back
Top Bottom