(Yet another) Homeplug question

Associate
I want to network two pc's using my router mainly to stream non-HD media but wireless is a big problem at the minute (thanks Virgin). I only have one electrical socket beside each computer, would plugging the homeplugs into 4-way extensions affect their performance much? Anyone tried it?

Man of Honour
It will affect it to a certain extent, how much is the big question. You an get ones that have a power plug pass through, so you plug it into the socket and then an electrical connection you can plug into the homeplugs power socket.

Associate
OP
It will affect it to a certain extent, how much is the big question. You an get ones that have a power plug pass through, so you plug it into the socket and then an electrical connection you can plug into the homeplugs power socket.

Thanks, I noticed those. They might be the ones

Soldato
Used mine in a 10 way surge protected multi block with no problem whatsoever. But as suggested above you could get the pass through ones. Never had a problem with my solwise ones which were cheap and really good. Tried a pair of bt comtrends and they failed inside 2 weeks.

Got a pair of Gigabit solwise homeplugs on order. £65 form their website. Not pass through though.

Back
Top Bottom