Yewen looks at: Lian Li S80b

Soldato
OP
Ok, just replaced the front two fans with the Ambers from the v1000+.

And hard drive temps in this case, wow, just wow.

4deg down from the v1000+ and they take ages to get anywhere near hot aswell, I am totally surprised that the aluminium sinks really do work, I am now thinking about putting some thermal heat transfer pads on the caviar.

Raptor = 24deg
Caviar = 38deg

(both amazing compared to the v1000+!)

The graphics card however is running 1deg higher, but I have not got the case fans all sorted yet. Amazing that the hard drives run so cool though, was not expecting that at all.

Soldato
OP
Its coming with the new version of www.yewen.co.uk just working a few things out about the site with Randomtom who has generously made it for me. :)

Will be by midweek probably, if you buzz me on msn I can give you some rough opinions but they are for your ears only, as if I am writing something up for people to read I like to make sure I will stand by everything I say and beleive it to be correct. :)

Soldato
Ive built my system now, i found the motherboard installation a real pain in the neck. God knows why it doesnt have a mobo tray.

It looks fantastic though, ive given it a good shine too with some nice WD40.....looks bootiful, and my new system flies :)

Soldato
OP
How did you find it a pain?

I just put the screws in, motherboard down at 45 deg into backplate, line up screws, middle one in, rest after.

Took minutes and was fine for me.

Associate
So the main pros of this new S80 is:

1) Less sound
2) Better Build qaulity
3) Aesthetics - For those who like it

?

What im trying to say is - If cooling and space are more important to me for my rig, then should i get an Akasa over the S80 even if it is within my budget to get the S80??

Cjay

Permabanned
cjayjay said:
So the main pros of this new S80 is:

1) Less sound
2) Better Build qaulity
3) Aesthetics - For those who like it

?

What im trying to say is - If cooling and space are more important to me for my rig, then should i get an Akasa over the S80 even if it is within my budget to get the S80??

Cjay

Definatly. Check out the Stacker 810. If you want something a little more special, look at the Lian Li G70.

But, the Akasa Eclipse is your best choice!

Soldato
i found it a pain because there is very little room between the psu and heatsink area. If you have a very large heatsink then you literally have to scrape the motherboard down into position, which is quite nerve racking!

Soldato
OP
s80%20009%20(Medium).jpg

The PSU is tucked out the way, got 3cm is for fingers on the far side which is more than enough.

45deg in towards the IO plate, line up holes roughly, then put down other one, insert screws.

Both times I have built in the S80b it has gone in first time in seconds, no messing around removing a tray! ;)

Taking out the motherboard is just as easy, in, fingers under board, up to 45 deg, hand on top and lift up. Easy!

Soldato
i install the cpu and heatsink before installing motherboard into case. That way the motherboard doesnt brake when installing the heatsink.

Back
Top Bottom