• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

You have to compare release pricing per gen not current pricing...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Permabanned
I wonder how many of the people that are complaining about these price increases bought a Turing card or a 3090.

I can't really blame them for putting prices up a bit being that they now have absolute dominance and no competition. The same as Intel and Nvidia have had for a while and yet a lot of people still bought them.
I highly doubt those looking at 6 or even 8 core processors brought £1400+ gpu’s. They likely already have 10900k’s or are looking at a 5900x or 5950x.

Permabanned
Lower bin die have to go somewhere, expect non X parts to fill the gaps (+ some additional margin for AMD) while 3xxx chips prices slump to where 2xxx have been bobbing about at for a while
If they do it changes the landscape but as of yet we have no guarantee that will be the case, in fact Amd have already said no.

I don’t actually have a problem with Amd or any other company fleecing early adopters, I just don’t allow it to happen to myself. So Lisa if your reading please offer me a reduction and I’ll add you back onto my Christmas card list :D.

Soldato
I'll reserve judgement until I see independent benchmarks but initial impressions based on OCUK's pre-order prices are that they're pretty steep. Hopefully we'll see a drop to nearer current gen levels when availability is more widespread.

Soldato
If they do it changes the landscape but as of yet we have no guarantee that will be the case, in fact Amd have already said no.

I don’t actually have a problem with Amd or any other company fleecing early adopters, I just don’t allow it to happen to myself. So Lisa if your reading please offer me a reduction and I’ll add you back onto my Christmas card list :D.

I might have missed something but I believe when asked about more CPUs to be announced, someone from AMD said "not at this time" (paraphrasing). Not at this time does not mean never, I think AM5 or whatever it'll be called might be a way off further than these 4 parts can carry momentum

Permabanned
I was making a broad statement about the situation though, not specifically about you.

As I said I can't blame AMD for using the situation to bulk up their bank balance, Intel and Nvidia have both been doing it for years.
That’s fine but I differ I don’t companies taking advantage of me. I don’t buy Nvidia or Intel mainly for doing what you think Amd are doing now.

You see I value my money, I work hard for it and I tend to believe it’s better for me to have it in my bank account than theirs. So if I want something I’ll pay a fair price for it like I did for the 3600 but I won’t pay what I see as a cash grab for the 5600x. The line has been drawn so now it’s up to them.

Permabanned
I might have missed something but I believe when asked about more CPUs to be announced, someone from AMD said "not at this time" (paraphrasing). Not at this time does not mean never, I think AM5 or whatever it'll be called might be a way off further than these 4 parts can carry momentum

So back to my original point until they release the other sku’s the ones they have are overpriced and therefore a disappointing launch.

Or they might even realise that people have quickly become accustomed to these price rises, even celebrated by some strange folk , therefore we will continue to laugh all the way to the bank and while we’re at it add a quick £50 to the new gpu prices. Why not nvidia do it.

Soldato
Not sure why we needed another thread to go over the same points already given in two other threads

Apparently a lot of people can't grasp the fact they haven't announced the same product stack for release at the same time, only four from a comparable 10+

3100, 3100X, 3500, 3500X, 3600, 3600X, 3700X, 3800X, 3900, 3900X, 3950X.

So this is causing people to compare across models, rather than as a direct Gen-to-Gen. A bit like people whining about the RTX 3070 is more expensive than the RTX 2060, if they just completely forgot the RTX 3060 hasn't been announced yet.

When the stack is complete, and the dust settles then you'll get a fair comparison, until then it's pointless doing the comparison. 3900X, to 5900X easy to do, 3800X to 5800X easy to do. 5700X to 3700X easy to do when it exists, until such time tough poo really.

Soldato
That’s fine but I differ I don’t companies taking advantage of me. I don’t buy Nvidia or Intel mainly for doing what you think Amd are doing now.

You see I value my money, I work hard for it and I tend to believe it’s better for me to have it in my bank account than theirs. So if I want something I’ll pay a fair price for it like I did for the 3600 but I won’t pay what I see as a cash grab for the 5600x. The line has been drawn so now it’s up to them.

That's totally fine. I have no issue with someone having a problem with the situation and you are always entitled to handle it how you wish. Honestly even at £300 the 5600X seems like it'll be a brillliant little chip to me. I have a 3900X though so waiting on Zen 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom