You old gits

Soldato
I've never been IDed, such a stupid waste of money getting a national age card.

In fairness though people think I'm 25 and have done for the last eight or nine years. I'm only 23 :(

Also, I believe places only ID you if they know you're well over 18 (doesn't explain me though) simply because if they IDed someone under 18 they'd lose a sale :D

Don
The funniest I've read about being refused alcohol was Shep_Cobain, he was with his 5 year old nephew, and was refused alcohol because they assumed he was buying it for the boy :D

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

A girl I know got turned away from a 15 certificate film.

She was 22 at the time :D

Caporegime
I always get ID'd, infact I had less problems getting alcohol when I was 16 then I do now.

Think that was down to the local shop that would charge us an extra quid for every bottle of white lightning we would buy :p

Caporegime
When i bought some at the corner shopp the woman looks at me and goes

"how old are you"
"20"
*stares at me, so i start to get id out*
"What's that"
"errr...Id"
" you don't need it you're 20"
*hands me booze*

"err thanks" :confused

I think she's gone a little bit senile :D

Associate
Lol I think if it's someone older asking you for Id it's a compliment but if it's a young person then there taking the P**s.

Soldato
Think 25, I'm more think 21 at work though.
Don't take any chances at that level though, it's not worth an £80 fine, if the person doesn't have id then it's their fault for not bringing it (Seriously, I have about 20 cards for different things and I still keep them all in my wallet)

Soldato
I think it is quite good that establishments selling alcohol are following the rules to the book. It might be excessive, but at the end of the day if you are over 18 you can usually prove it quite easily. It stops noobs being sold booze (easily) and getting trashed in the local park, although this will always still happen.

Well done to the OP for looking 24 when you are in fact nearly 40!

I once drove to a petrol station at Uni, filled up with petrol and bought 10 cigs for my house mate. The guy at the station I.D'd me for buying them (this was when it was 16 for tobacco products).

I was slightly bemused and told him that if I was 16 or under I wouldn't be driving up to the pump in my car, filling up and then coming inside to buy cigs illegally whilst paying for my petrol. Some people are incredibly dumb.

I think it's good to have blanket coverage of age restrictions, if only a little common sense could be applied from time to time in special circumstances.

Caporegime
Went to Tesco the other week, four of us. She asked me, my mate next to me and my other two mates who went to browse magazines for ID! Then some random guy behind us because she was unsure if he was with us or not!

I did say that this is taking it too far but she was not for budging!

That was taking it too far!

Soldato
Can't wait till i'm not ID'd all the time! Being only 19 it's more than fair that I do, even buying God of War! Don't have a driver's license so I use a citizen card but since a lot of places have started turning that down I have to use my passport with its dreadful long haired photo of myself on it :(

Last edited:
Associate
Can't wait till i'm not ID'd all the time! Being only 19 it's more than fair that I do, even buying God of War! Don't have a driver's license so I use a citizen card but since a lot of places have started turning that down I have to use my passport with its dreadful long haired photo of myself on it :(

legolas

Associate
I worked in a retail shop which I can gladly say is behind me now but it used to be challenge 21, then it went up to 25 and as far as I'm aware it's still going up, unfortunately if the person behind the till sells to underage, they got a whopping £5000 fine may even be higher and could face a prison sentence, so I didn't give a monkeys if they looked under 25 I ID'd them, not worth risk

I think anything above 25 is getting silly

Back
Top Bottom