"You want some?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
So went out for my evening walk earlier to wind down and get a bit of exercise. Usually cover about 4 miles with a tesco midway to pick up a drink.

Get to the tescos stick my face mask on, quite busy there everyone apart from one guy with a mask, now I'm aware of some of the apparent contradictions around the wearing of face masks but it's pretty clear when it comes to shops. Anyway after doing an internal tut to myself I pick up a drink walk over to the self service and the same guy just beats me to it with one lady in front. Seeing that she has a full basket I decide to switch over to the manned till queue as there was only one person being served. After waiting just a few seconds I get called forward, cue said guy shouting and walking over aggressively, I point out the shop has two different queues. He then gets more aggressive and swears at me, I'm aggressive back and point out he should have a mask on (should probably just have ignored him at that point). He looks me up and down whilst being served, continuing to swear at me and then says "You want some?", I reply with not particularly. To which he says "Well I do, see you soon you ****". Having zero interest in getting in a fight and seeing he's waiting for me outside I ask a member of staff to let me out of the side exit.

I'm still wound up and a bit wtf. I think I mostly did the right thing apart from maybe provoking him back the queue switch was perhaps debatable but he could've done the same.

So GD what would you have done?

Caporegime
Bristol, huh. There's your problem :p

One of the weirdest experiences I will never forgot was from my time as a student in Swansea. Playing pool in the wee hours with strangers (pool hall).

Some (biggish) bloke bursts into the room, stands just inside the doorway, and asks the room if anyone wants a fight. There is deathly silence. Nobody even moves.

The chap walks over to the closest player, nuts him (lays him on his ass), and repeats his challenge. Silence mixed with disbelief from most of us.

The chaps leaves. Some time later the police arrive, get a couple statements, and leave again.

Caporegime
So went out for my evening walk earlier to wind down and get a bit of exercise. Usually cover about 4 miles with a tesco midway to pick up a drink.

Get to the tescos stick my face mask on, quite busy there everyone apart from one guy with a mask, now I'm aware of some of the apparent contradictions around the wearing of face masks but it's pretty clear when it comes to shops. Anyway after doing an internal tut to myself I pick up a drink walk over to the self service and the same guy just beats me to it with one lady in front. Seeing that she has a full basket I decide to switch over to the manned till queue as there was only one person being served. After waiting just a few seconds I get called forward, cue said guy shouting and walking over aggressively, I point out the shop has two different queues. He then gets more aggressive and swears at me, I'm aggressive back and point out he should have a mask on (should probably just have ignored him at that point). He looks me up and down whilst being served, continuing to swear at me and then says "You want some?", I reply with not particularly. To which he says "Well I do, see you soon you ****". Having zero interest in getting in a fight and seeing he's waiting for me outside I ask a member of staff to let me out of the side exit.

I'm still wound up and a bit wtf. I think I mostly did the right thing apart from maybe provoking him back the queue switch was perhaps debatable but he could've done the same.

So GD what would you have done?

You just got alpha'd.

Side exits only for you from now on im afraid.

Soldato
If you're going to be aggressive back at someone, at least be prepared to start swinging if you have to.

Asking a member of staff to sneak out the side door is a bitch move.

Soldato
Bigger they are the harder they fall. Fights are weird in that you could have knocked him over with a feeble punch or you could have ended up in hospital with serious head injuries and broken bones or dead.

Do these guys have no fear of getting arrested or are they too dumb to think about it. I thought nowadays you get arrested for even the slightest thing.

I'd go van dam if it wasn't for the fear of getting a criminal record.

Caporegime
Bigger they are the harder they fall. Fights are weird in that you could have knocked him over with a feeble punch or you could have ended up in hospital with serious head injuries and broken bones or dead.

Do these guys have no fear of getting arrested or are they too dumb to think about it. I thought nowadays you get arrested for even the slightest thing.

I'd go van dam if it wasn't for the fear of getting a criminal record.
Too dumb and very possibly on something. And quite possibly a lifetime of being on something has left them incurably damaged in the head.

Basically scum and beyond help most of them.

Caporegime
If you're going to be aggressive back at someone, at least be prepared to start swinging if you have to.

Asking a member of staff to sneak out the side door is a bitch move.

I have to agree with this.

If you don't want a fight. Then it's best to completely ignore the other person.

If you are prepared to fight the other guy then give them a piece of your mind.

Getting into an argument then going out the side exit isn't going to always work.

You may want to get fit and pack some muscle on. Most folk who look like they can handle themselves don't tend to get idiots taking them on in the middle of a supermarket.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom