Your 5 year plan...

Associate
- Finish my Computer Science degree, sometime in 2008, only two years left to go!
- Find a nice job or internship for between the 2nd and 3rd years
- Perhaps do a bit of travelling and start taking more photographs, visiting cities and getting away from it all
- Find somewhere nice to live, probably in Newcastle, then plan how to pay off the £9,000 student debt so I can live comfortably with lots of disposible income
- See if there are any good jobs around, although at the moment I don't have any clear idea of what to do. If everything goes wrong, I could always spend an extra year doing a PGCE, with the aim of becoming a IT/computing teacher. I think you can get around £150 a week for doing the PGCE, and then a £2.5k golden hello, not to mention a pretty secure job at the end of it.

Soldato
1. Do the job I'm doing until Xmas

2. Get a new position in the company possibly in Video Transfer or something along those lines.

3. Stick at that for about 6 months and get a job as an Edit Assistant

4. Couple of years doing that and get a job as an Editor either at the same firm or wherever a position opens up. Possibly get married around this point as well.

5. This will probably be after 5 years but start freelancing and going to different countries to edit films, documentaries and trailers.

Soldato
1) Save up 10% deposit for new flat.
2) Sell current 1-bedroom dump.
3) Buy new flat in decent area of Glasgow*.
4) ???
5) Profit?

* I know there aren't many though Partick is looking good just now.

Soldato
My 5 year plan is to do as little as possible.

However my GF would have you believe that we will own a cat, re-render the house, re-wire the house, get MUCH better jobs, get married and have children all within 5 years :D

Permabanned
Nismo said:
My 5 year plan is to do as little as possible.

However my GF would have you believe that we will own a cat, re-render the house, re-wire the house, get MUCH better jobs, get married and have children all within 5 years :D

Eyes down, place your bets - who's plan will ACTUALLY happen?

I have a hunch - and it aint yours ;)

Soldato
I am going to rise production in grain and steel to 17 million tonnes a year and modernise myself to be comparable to Germany.

Oh wait that is somebody else's 5 year plan.

Man of Honour
Be in a new decent job and progress to a suitable and comfortable level in it - i.e. senior and more managerial than grunt work.

Maybe move out of the UK - but that's undecided as of yet.

Meet the woman of my dreams (again :().

Maaayybe be married by then, but there's no rush.

Be in my 30s...

Keep enjoying life.

Keep making lots of new friends.

Soldato
1) Finish uni (3 years to go)
2) Try and get a job programming games, or do a masters if unsuccesful.
3) Get the job
4) Save up for a mail order bride

You can't really plan to meet someone and get married, etc. but a mail order bride is something you can count on ;)

Soldato
My 5 year plan 23 years old

Until my gf dumped me on sunday it was

work at this job for a year, move to bournemouth and share a house togeher this time next year with a similar job but with more money

Year after that move out of tech support into something server based or maybe cisco. I may decide to do something completely different though, perhaps even go back to university.

Settle down with my gf and marry her in two years, kids in 3-4 :o :(

Now she's dumped me my job plan is the same except i might do this job for two years. As for living, I'm back with my parents at the moment, it's not even been a week and it's been terrible so i might get a shared house in the next few months, I could do with meeting different people so if house sharing might be a good way to do it.

Back
Top Bottom