Your 5 year plan...

Soldato
Step 1 - get a regular routine of gym, driving lessons and get a job this summer
Step 2 - sort out application for uni
Step 3 - study well for 2nd year of A Levels
Step 4 - Have a laugh at uni
Step 5 - Have a fun job.

****, I'm growing up! :(

Associate
Still be here and in (reasonably) good mental & physical health and enjoying life as much asI do now as I'll be 71..........................

Soldato
In 5 years i should have......
Finished learning to drive
Quit working for the uni
Worked on my 3d modelling enough so that i can get a cushty job doing it professionally

After that who knows.... devised some way of living 5 years and not being 28 afterwards!!

Man of Honour
Tru said:
5 year plan? No thanks. I live like I'm going to die tomorrow, it's worked for me so far and I don't see a reason to stop.

Becuase if you don't plan for the future and live life like you'll be hear next year you'll never get anywhere, and if by freak of nature you do, you'll be skint the day you retire.

Honestly, thats such a meaningless statement. If you truely did live life like you were going to die tommorrow, you wouldnt have a job, why bother? etc etc. Everything you do whether you like to think it or not, is done with a view to the future.

Last edited:
Soldato
5 Years, eh? Well, I should have..

- Graduated. If I get a 2:1 I'll be totally satisfied with my academic life, and I can run away with honour intact.
- Got married (But keep it to yourselves, as I havnt asked her yet ;))
- Found myself an interesting job that pays the bills. I'm still thinking about the police, but need to decide on a force to apply to. I'll have been working for around 4 years by then, so hopefully will be a little way up the ladder too.

Associate
My 5 year plan

1. Get a new job
2. Learn to drive and Pass
3. Marry my fiancee
4. Get a place with a big mortgage
5. Get a car

Kids are over the 5 years Just

Suspended
1. Complete my degreen in digital visual effects, including the sandwich year.
2. During the 4 years of my course, find my woman
3. Move to London or other large cosmopolitan city where there are effects houses for my particular job
4. Begin my career as a digital compositor.

Associate
1. Get my driving license - probably in next 2 months - also intend on getting a job very soon
2. Finish my A levels, and get the required grades to get into Medicine
3. Take a year out to do fun stuff
4. Apply to medical school and get in

Also over the next year or so I want to get a band together and play a few gigs.

Associate
Go to OAT and get my Frozen ATPL (15 months)

Then get an airline job, but seeing as i'll probably go where the work is i don't really know anymore than that.

Tru

Tru

Soldato
[TW]Fox said:
Becuase if you don't plan for the future and live life like you'll be hear next year you'll never get anywhere, and if by freak of nature you do, you'll be skint the day you retire.

Honestly, thats such a meaningless statement. If you truely did live life like you were going to die tommorrow, you wouldnt have a job, why bother? etc etc. Everything you do whether you like to think it or not, is done with a view to the future.

You've taken the statement very literally, but that's your thing and I don't mind.

Your 5 year plan is, apparently, to buy a car. Now that's just ludicrous to me but I'm not going to get my panties all bunched up over it.

Man of Honour
Tru said:
Your 5 year plan is, apparently, to buy a car. Now that's just ludicrous to me but I'm not going to get my panties all bunched up over it.

It's not, its just in there. I have other plans but they fall outside the scope of a '5 year plan'.

Thats just the big things I hope to acheive in the next 5 years. It just happens that it's about 4-5 years until the M5, at best, rather than that being my end goal becuase it most certainly isnt.

And yes, I took your statement literally, but I still feel its meaningless. All the people who state they live for today only etc etc how cool don't - they've all got at least half an eye on the future, and make many decisions based on the future. Otherwise like I said, they wouldnt even have a job let alone aim for promotion or take out a mortgage etc..

Associate
Pass driving test
By a Land Rover Defender 110 and an Ivor Williams trailer for it
Add B+E and C1 bits to my licence by doing the courses and the tests.
Do my chainsaw from rope and harness and dismanting operations
Do my 9 tonne road legal digger certificate

Theres loads of little things but there the big ones that i would like to do.

Zip

Zip

Soldato
I dont know, i dont really any plans.

I hope to tour the world (Stopping off at the UK of course) with in 5 years though :)

Soldato
Sell the house (on the market today) and pocket the profit.
Clear debts.
Rent a smaller house.
Try and actually LIVE rather than spend life just working to buying a house, its so meaningless, yes its an investment but christ, its your whole life doing it and there is so much more to see and do.
Try and find it in me to love my wife again.

Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
I don't really like to plan too far ahead, I reckon I'm fairly sensible (ish) when it comes to saving money etc, but when it comes to big plans I just don't like to plan too far ahead, because in the past things have changed too quickly. I'd rather be more flexible than that.

For now, my mind is focused on the next year and a bit.
In September I'll be moving away for the first time to do my masters at Stafford, planning on working bloody hard so I can get somewhere in my chosen industry, work bloody hard on the placement too so I have some good references and maybe a foot in the door (you never know).
And then i'm not really sure, I hope to continue to work in that industry but who knows. I have the tendancy of getting bored too easily so I'd rather not think of any job as being my career for the next 30-40 years.
I do however want to stay in England for a while after my masters though.

Other than that, I don't know. As long as I'm earning enough to be comfortable (which considering what I'm used to, is probably quite attainable) and i'm happy where I'm working, that'll do me fine.

Relationships......who knows what the future brings :)

Back
Top Bottom