Soldato
Zip said:
I dont know, i dont really any plans.

:)

Let me help.

Join Al quawda
Train in Afghan mountains
Move to Nigeria to help train me and rebels
Infiltrate the Nigeria Army with my help.
Over throw the goverment via coup.
Make me president and i will make you my right hand man. :cool:

Not bad eh... :p

Soldato
  1. Get a bigger car
  2. Land the ICT Teacher's role I've applied for and start teaching in September
  3. Buy a house
  4. Get married
  5. Have witnessed England lift the European Trophy or World Cup ;)

Marriage could fall either side of Euro 2008 or WC2010 - depends on cash flow! :D

Soldato
I dont have it laid out in steps, but my realistic plan that I have decided is pretty acheivable is to own my own house (not flat), have no debt except my mortgage, be in a management position within the industry I work in or work in a similar management role but within a different industry, hopefully meet a decent girl by then as the rest have been **** so far, own a desirable car and generally be happy with my life.

Soldato
ElRazur said:
Let me help.

Join Al quawda
Train in Afghan mountains
Move to Nigeria to help train me and rebels
Infiltrate the Nigeria Army with my help.
Over throw the goverment via coup.
Make me president and i will make you my right hand man. :cool:

Not bad eh... :p

Don't you think it might be better going for better country? :p

Soldato
Kell_ee001 said:
I don't know what I want to do tomorrow - let alone in the next 5 years :(

<hugs>

I don't have much of a plan beyond getting a degree and probably having to move somewhere to get a job at the end of it.
Planning everything into specifics just means giving yourself undue stress if something slips out of place, and it's even more upsetting if none of it works out.

Suspended
I don't have a plan, but that's cool with me. As long as nothing goes drastically wrong I'll be finishing my PhD in 3.5-4 years time and I'll decide where I want to go from there. I'm only 22 now - that's far too early to be making five-year plans.

In the mean time I just want to carry on as I have been, because it seems to be working out so far.

Associate
1. decide on a career that will actually make me some money.
2. get trained up in it el pronto
3. start earning some money
4. get good at it & start my own business
5. make more money than i spend
6. start putting money into a pension plan
7. 5 years on & my family are happy & can afford to do the stuff we need to do

alternatively

1. keep plodding on & see what happens....
2. worry about no.2 tomorrow

Associate
:rolleyes: hmm...

well my plan constantly changes :)

at the moment, it looks like this :

1.get to 22 yrs old

2. still have a body im proud of 50% of the time :p

3. have a better car

4. be doing the job(s) ive always wanted to do

5. keep my boyfriend and friends happy

thats about it for now? im not being imaginative enough, i feel :rolleyes:

Soldato
sr4470 said:
Negativity isnt good either :p

Whats negative? If you were going to do it you would anyway, the only reason for these plans (especially at such a young age) is to be unrealistic and to 'push yourself'.

Pushing hurts, ask any mother.

Soldato
Telescopi said:
Whats negative? If you were going to do it you would anyway, the only reason for these plans (especially at such a young age) is to be unrealistic and to 'push yourself'.

Ok, how about I be more specific...is my plan (further back in the thread) unrealistic?

Nothing wrong with setting out short-term goals...

Associate
1) Wait till next month when the girl of my dreams comes back to living in the UK and ask her out (expect a relationship thread in a month time full of self pity)

2a) If we start going out stay in my current for another 6months
3a) Get a job in London
4a) Move into a house with said girl of dreams
5b) Live happily ever after

2b) If she tells me to do one, leave my job
3b) Go travelling round the world for 6months
4b) When I'm back get a job in London and move there

Sort of a plan and a back-up plan. I know people will say "Your baseing your future around a girl who may or may not like you, you freak" Frankly to those people I can only agree with thou sadly that’s just the way I feel! It’s not logical nor does it really make sense but that’s affairs of the heart I suppose.

Associate
If all goes well (and this may be subject to family, significant others' and my own darn ability!), then within the next couple of years I should be fully qualified as an English solicitor. Then, I'll either practice out here; or move across to the States and become dually qualified - hopefully by the time I'm about 23. After that, I would like to work either for a trial law firm where I have some experience; or go into business and work on a trans-atlantic basis.

Then again, ask me the ten year plan and law probably won't feature at all ;)

Soldato
OP
Interesting replies. I posted this really to see how many people knew what they wanted and what they were going to do to get it.
When I dropped out of Uni I had no plan, no direction. I just went to work and moaned about it.

Since then Ive started doing the course I should have done years ago instead of the one I did at uni and dropped out of. Im working really hard all the time to get there but Im happy about it as I now have "direction".

I never used to look ahead - on purpose. I didnt like the fact things were not going where I wanted so I denied myself a plan because it depressed me how long things were going to take to put right.
But time flys when you're having fun :D and Its great to have some plans now, a direction, something to aim for.

Back
Top Bottom