Your 5 year plan...

Soldato
Fingers crossed my 5 year plan starts in 30 mins, I have been selected to go to the first stage of selection at Pirelli Tyres and take an aptitude test, I applied for an electrical apprenticeship there which should take 3 years, which I hope to find quite easy and then get a proper position with Pirelli themselves and take things from there, finally, I have got myself a career sorted :D Why couldnt I have done this a year ago!!!

Soldato
1. Get a motorbike licence and finish my HND.
2. Go to UNI and complete a degree.
3. Get a job in a decent studio.
4. Stay in the job in this decent studio, and save up some cash.
5. Start up my own design company/studio.

Over the course of the 5 years, I want to hopefully meet a new girlfriend, preferably the girl of my dreams, and live happily ever after!

The end :p

Soldato
sr4470 said:
Ok, how about I be more specific...is my plan (further back in the thread) unrealistic?

Nothing wrong with setting out short-term goals...

Get a job, get a car, get married?

Is that really a plan or just what people do?

I'm sticking with my 'stay alive' plan, it has prospects and I think it is achievable. If I fail at my plan you can say I told you so, I won't care :)

Soldato
Telescopi said:
Get a job, get a car, get married?

Is that really a plan or just what people do?

Not everyone does the last one (not in their 20s anyway), but you're probably right.

Telescopi said:
I'm sticking with my 'stay alive' plan, it has prospects and I think it is achievable. If I fail at my plan you can say I told you so, I won't care :)

Your choice. ;)

Soldato
Lopéz said:
I don't plan anything.
Me too normally. Although I do plan on starting doing my PGCE at some point. Really not sure why as becoming a teacher would be a last resort.

Possibles for next 5 years would be to get married and make a baby :eek: :eek:

Soldato
Arcade Fire said:
Haha, agreed. It's like saying "I plan to be average".

You cant do much without a job...I'd prefer to settle down before doing the "exciting" stuff.

In any case, the plan isnt set in stone.

Last edited:
Soldato
Year 1 : Complete driving licence (i know little late being 22 n all but never really needed one till now)

Year 2 : Start saving for a flat and start doing MCP modules, already in the process of getting a promotion (training etc) so will hopefully be assistant manager by then.

Year 3 : Complete at least 3 MCP's and Hopefully progress into the IT department in Work if this goes according to plan i should have enough money for a deposit on a flat.

Year 4 : If all hasnt gone to plan in the Flat department hopefully now will be the year i can get one sorted. Start to save up yet more money for a career break.

Year 5 : Continue with my career and maybe complete a full MCSE Hopefully be well on my way to saving enough to take that 4 month trip around the world i have always dreamed of.

Suspended
sr4470 said:
You cant do much without a job...I'd prefer to settle down before doing the "exciting" stuff.
I disagree. You should do the 'exciting stuff' before you settle down, because you have fewer responsibilities to hold you back. I think that a lot of people who'd like to consider themselves 'settled down' are really just 'tied down'. When you have a job, a home and a family it will be much harder to take time out to do what you want to do.

I'm living proof of the fact that you don't need a job to do 'exciting stuff' - although I'm not sure that your idea of 'exciting stuff' is the same as mine!

Soldato
-Enter my degree finish my degree.
-Move further afield and go into the music industry working in a studio/session work
-find a lady friend, try and settle down.
-Get my own place.
-(at this moment in time i dont kn0w what reality is, the above might not be the end situation)

Soldato
1. 2nd year of uni - party hard and work hard
2. Graduate, start property investment and work in the city
3. Continue with 2 but with a new 911 and/or purchase flat in central london
4. Carry on with 3 and work in the family business
5. Lamborghini Murcielago

Should be doable.

Soldato
gurdas said:
1. 2nd year of uni - party hard and work hard
2. Graduate, start property investment and work in the city
3. Continue with 2 but with a new 911 and/or purchase flat in central london
4. Carry on with 3 and work in the family business
5. Lamborghini Murcielago

Should be doable.

the lambo i doubt it.

Soldato
My plan is not to have a plan. Then non-achievement is not an issue. Just go with the flow people, enjoy your good health, enjoy your friendships, just enjoy life. :)

Back
Top Bottom