Your best Hangover cures

Man of Honour
A pint of water with one of those effervescent vitamin C tablets in it before you go to bed. As soon as you wake up, two Nurofen and another pint of water.

For breakfast blend half a pint of milk, half a pint of orange juice, a bannana and a spoonful of honey and a raw egg. Drink it!

20 minutes later, you WILL feel fine.

Soldato
AJUK said:
For breakfast blend half a pint of milk, half a pint of orange juice, a bannana and a spoonful of honey and a raw egg. Drink it!

I can vouch for that. Soon as you have had it once it will put you off Alcohol for life :D

Associate
AJUK said:

:eek: I'm in two minds whether to think "yeh, that sounds good, try it" or "ewwww not touching that".

I cant imagine me thinking "oo that sounds nice" to that whilst hung over...

Associate
Loki said:
I use them Anti Hangover tablets from Superdrug. 2 with after every 2 pints. Wake up fine in the morning after drinking to excess

I used some of them once, think were called Hate hangovers or soemthing like that.

Used them on Chrstmas Eve, off to the parents house very early the next day so thought I might aswell give em a try.... Amazed that they actually worked. Very impressed.

Associate
i just try and nail as many different types of drink as i can, as water always tastes No swearing! after a night out. Lucosade, ribena, i find a cuppa tea always makes you fell a load better. And a killer fry up.

Soldato
Malenko said:
I used some of them once, think were called Hate hangovers or soemthing like that.

Used them on Chrstmas Eve, off to the parents house very early the next day so thought I might aswell give em a try.... Amazed that they actually worked. Very impressed.

RU21's from Superdrug but there are other variants. No feeling sick or Headache. Just feel tired in the morning.

Apparently they stop the alcohol distilating in your liver or something hence no hangover

Man of Honour
Windle said:

This man knows his hangover cures ;) Irn-Bru(the original works, don't know about imitations) and a packet of Salt and Vinegar Squares have set me right more than once.

Normally though I'm quite lucky and I'm fine the next day anyway, the only preventative measure I take is maybe drinking some water or milk before bed.

Suspended
if (like me) you are unable to drink water before bed possibly due to passing out then i suggest eating chopped tomatoes or normal tomatoes in the morning.

they seem to work wonders. generally though, lots of food and water does the trick

Man of Honour
Loki said:
I wonder if there is any scientific reason these work other than a placebo effect
There is science behind my super-amazing patented cure. :)

Your liver needs vitamin C to process alcohol, so hence the OJ. Honey will help raise your blood sugar and thus prevent you feeling sick and tired. Milk and egg will provide protiens for mending all the damage you have done to yourself (membranes and the like) and will settle your stomach. Banana provides more sugar as well as pottasium that is crucial in balancing the electrolytes and sodium (or something like that - I am not a biochemist) in your body and all the liquid will help the rehydration.

Three cups of water, a cup of orange juice, 1/3 cup of sugar and a 1/2 teaspoon of salt will also work and is a good substitute for those expensive so called 'sports drinks'.

A good old fashioned fry up and a gallon of tea is much more palatable though. :D

Back
Top Bottom