Your best Hangover cures

Man of Honour
I'm still out of my skull this morning. I was a silly boy last night because I've got a trapped nerve in my back that causes electric shocks down my left arm while I'm singing and its very painful. I took my anti-inflammatories, 4 Ibuprofen and 8 pints of beer to deaden the pain and it still hurt. I don't remember much of the gig and I'm sitting here wanting to puke.

Soldato
A hangover is caused by dehydration and the loss of electrolyte, but this has already been stated. There is something available to cure this, an off the shelf product that most wont have thought of.

What is it? Diarrhoea fluid replacement sachets.

They've sorted me out after a few VERY heavy sessions the night before.

Soldato
i've come to the conclusion that water and food are the best things. That and getting a good long sleep after a long hot shower.

I just can't take drink anymore, i only had a few last night, and i just feel terrible this morning. Must be getting old already at the tender age of 22

Associate
Just the other morning, as i was at deaths door, my housemate gave me a glass of an orange, effervescing brew that seemed to hearten my constitution no end.

Worryingly, all attempts to find out exactly what it is have resulted in an answer of 'don't know'. Hmm do you think I don't want to know or something?

Associate
Gavstar said:
Just the other morning, as i was at deaths door, my housemate gave me a glass of an orange, effervescing brew that seemed to hearten my constitution no end.

Worryingly, all attempts to find out exactly what it is have resulted in an answer of 'don't know'. Hmm do you think I don't want to know or something?

sounds like them soluble vitamin c tablets they sell in Boots. they come in tubes and are about the size of a CMOS battery each.

Soldato
MrWhippy said:
sounds like them soluble vitamin c tablets they sell in Boots. they come in tubes and are about the size of a CMOS battery each.

You know you're on a geeky forum when someone describes something as the same size a CMOS battery.. and everyone understands him.

Associate
MrWhippy said:

Could well be, though I'm not sure why he wouldn't tell me in that case, maybe he is planning to hold me to ransom with them at some point in the future. They really did the job though, whatever they were.

Oh, and I know its against conventional wisdom, but I find a cup of coffee really settles my stomach if its a bit churny.

Soldato
AndyBorzi said:
All mine have been suggested.

Pint of milk before you start.
Couple of pints of water when you get back
Couple of pints of water in the morning

and the one that cures all hangovers:

A full english breakfast with all the trimmings! - You may have to grit your teeth for the first couple of mouthfulls but works a treat!! :)
+3 cups of tea with 2 sugars in each cup ;)

Back
Top Bottom