Your experience with OLED burn-in

Soldato
Knocking your TV over by accident* is "an accident", pushing your TV over to get insurance to replace it is fraud.

Agreed it's almost impossible for an insurer to tell, unless you make a habit of pre-planned accidents but I guess that's what keeps premiums high ;)

* "an unfortunate incident that happens unexpectedly and unintentionally, typically resulting in damage or injury"

Insurance fraud is extremely common because its so hard to prove. In fact September is one of the worst months for contents insurance companies? Why, because in September somehow everyone drops their iPhone so they can get a new one LMAO

But these days, insurance companies share their databases of claims with eachother so if you are someone who has a lot of "accidents" then that will affect your premiums for all insurance companies

Associate
I've had my LG E6 since late 2016, and I don't have any burn in yet.

I guess it all depends on what you watch and do. I have played hours and hours of games on it, but never watch Terrestrial TV on it for long, as I pre-record stuff only and only really binge on stuff with amazon on prime video.

It'll be interesting to see what Samsung do with QOLEDs next generation.

Soldato
Why, because in September somehow everyone drops their iPhone so they can get a new one LMAO

But their phone would just replaced with the same model they had, not upgrade to the new model?

Even if you had a "new for old" policy there would be plenty of old models still available (I presume you mainly talking Apple iPhone here)?

HRL

HRL

Soldato
Yeah, I know an idiot who does that regular as clockwork.

Drops his phone, gets a brand new replacement then sells it and gets the newest model.

Scumbag.

Associate
Just got my 55b7 back from Curry's. Was taken away for repair after having the Good Morning Britain logo of death burnt into it. Had the 5 year warranty and been returned with what looks to be a brand spanking 2019 panel on it, had to peel the cellophane off. Not a bad word to say about Curry's and their warranty.

Soldato
Just got my 55b7 back from Curry's. Was taken away for repair after having the Good Morning Britain logo of death burnt into it. Had the 5 year warranty and been returned with what looks to be a brand spanking 2019 panel on it, had to peel the cellophane off. Not a bad word to say about Curry's and their warranty.

Hey that is great to hear, my 2016 55"C6 OLED curved screen has gone in for the same problem as yours but as they no longer produce curved OLED i am not sure if they can get replacement panels anymore.

They picked mine up on the 10th but still not heard anything back yet, how long did it take for yours to be returned ?

Associate
Hey that is great to hear, my 2016 55"C6 OLED curved screen has gone in for the same problem as yours but as they no longer produce curved OLED i am not sure if they can get replacement panels anymore.

They picked mine up on the 10th but still not heard anything back yet, how long did it take for yours to be returned ?
11 days but mine was picked up on a Friday and was due to be returned the following Friday but for whatever reason didn't make it through in time. From what I understand yours will be written off and you'll get a voucher for a replacement.

Soldato
11 days but mine was picked up on a Friday and was due to be returned the following Friday but for whatever reason didn't make it through in time. From what I understand yours will be written off and you'll get a voucher for a replacement.

Ok thanks for that information Metallifux.

Soldato
Well received word today that my 2016 LG C6 can't be repaired and they will sending me an eGift voucher out withing the next 72 hours, does not say what the value of the voucher will be!

My dad had the C6 anyway so as long has he can get something decent to replace it he will be happy.

Associate
Currys are picking up my OLED 55C7V on Tuesday. There is a light visible green horizontal (2 to 3 cm) line at the bottom. This is visible on red/yellow backgrounds. LG engineer (over the phone) got me to download a LG app so he could view it. He suggested I contact Currys as it had 5 year warranty. Asked me to get back to him if there were issues. I will wait and see.

Soldato
Currys are picking up my OLED 55C7V on Tuesday. There is a light visible green horizontal (2 to 3 cm) line at the bottom. This is visible on red/yellow backgrounds. LG engineer (over the phone) got me to download a LG app so he could view it. He suggested I contact Currys as it had 5 year warranty. Asked me to get back to him if there were issues. I will wait and see.

Curry's Knowhow was great for me and as they could not fix my 55" OLED C6V i ended up with a voucher for £1699 instead.You should defo get in touch with them,just have you serial number ready as they will ask you for it.

Associate
C6 here, many years of using it for ps4 and PC (gaming, photo editing for hours)...No burn in. What I noticed on my previous LCD Panasonic CX802, was veeery poor uniformity of the panel which I saw everywhere. While gaming, watching TV etc. I could not unseen it.

When I watch reviews of the current top LCD TVs and see issues with uniformity are still there, makes me wonder how people are worried more about burn ins and not this, which to me has higher % of having it FROM THE START across the whole screen.

Associate

Collected yesterday. Wait and see what happens. If it is a burn issue, can this be corrected?

Also, when they return the TV, do they wait for me to check out the "repairs" on the screen?

Soldato
Collected yesterday. Wait and see what happens. If it is a burn issue, can this be corrected?

Also, when they return the TV, do they wait for me to check out the "repairs" on the screen?

They Can't repair the screen if it has a burn in issue they have to replace the whole panel with a new one but that also depends on if LG actually have any left to replace it with.

If they can't replace it then you will receive voucher like i did.

Associate
They Can't repair the screen if it has a burn in issue they have to replace the whole panel with a new one but that also depends on if LG actually have any left to replace it with.

If they can't replace it then you will receive voucher like i did.

If they offer a voucher, I guess you are tied to Currys repurchase. Is the voucher value reasonable?

Associate

Still showing as "on the way to repair shop" on Currys website. Not likely to get it by Tuesday next.

Also, not sure if it is a "burn" issue. LG used the LG Telepresence app on my phone to remotely look at the problem and suggested I contact Currys as it has 5 years warranty.

If Currys were to reject a repair, what options do I have please?

Soldato

I'd be interested to see how this goes - I have the same model of TV bought from Currys. Please keep us posted.

Back
Top Bottom