Your favourite cheese?

Associate
i work on a deli counter so i get to try out lots of different cheeses :D . Unfortunately my tastes are somewhat slightly limited, as i cant stand blue cheeses or bries.

My favourites would have to be Mull of Kintyre, Y-Fenni and Gruyere

Last edited:
Soldato
danza said:
Cheddar. None of the mamby pamby poncy arty farty French soft getup. English is best, but I'm currently hooked right on Tescos Canadian mature cheddar. Scores 5/5 for strength by their ratings, but could still be stronger.

Nothing beats extra mature cheddar in a crusty white roll. The tangier the better. If you feel no pain eating it, then it isn't strong enough!

The Tesco stuff is good but I think Asda actually beats it. I use Sainsbury's Canadian mature mostly though.

Zefan said:
I like (I can't remember what it was called) this stuff that had like herbs and garlic in it, was damn nice.

Boursin? might just be called a Roulé

Soldato
Find the nearest supermarket and then turn 180 degrees and walk away from it....

You won't find the *really* good stuff in most SMs (although to be fair Waitrose do some nice cheeses).

There is a small cheese maker up the hill from my parents on the Welsh border - he makes the best chedder I have ever tasted. It's made from unpasturised milk and he only sells it to people he likes !

He also makes a goats cheese that is probably my desert island luxury item !

Pho

Pho

Soldato
five counties :) Apparently a mix (i.e. five strips together) of any of:

Red Leicester
Double Gloucester
Derby
Cheddar
Cheshire
Lancashire
Wensleydale

Back