Your favourite cheese?

Man of Honour
It is impossible to answer this question. My idea of heaven would be a selection of French cheeses with a strong smooth dark tanin-rich red wine. (though there are a couple of English Cheeses that are worthy too)

I simply cannot choose one.

Soldato
Freefaller said:
It is impossible to answer this question. My idea of heaven would be a selection of cheeses with a strong smooth dark tanin-rich red wine.

I simply cannot choose one.

Ah yes... we had a wine and cheese night last year (just an excuse to get ****** more than anything) and it was great. Loads of different cheeses (peach stilton! wonderful - never even heard of it!) and a few bottles of red wine went down a treat.

Best thing was that after some serious drinking that night we locked our mate out at the end of the night (just for a laugh, he went for a fag) and in a drunken stupor he thought he'd try and make his way back into the house through the gardens round the back.

Meanwhile we were sitting in the dark so he thought we'd all gone out so he climbed over the garden at the back, kept going a few houses along through the gardens and walked into some random guys house who were sitting quite happily watching a film in the lounge! Needless to say he got ushered out quite angrily - through their FRONT door!! - and came back all cut up and bruised after diving through some serious hedges at the back!

We couldnt stop laughing but understandably the guy looked pretty miffed! LOL. :D

Soldato
OP
Right. I now decree Mexicana Chedder the Official Cheese of the Youstolemyname household.

Been the boozer, Kebab place shut, toasted two slices of brown bread and whacked a bit of mexicana inbetween. DELICIOUS!

My mouth has the burn and I detect a bit of perspiration!

Mecicana Cheddar, get some and enjoy!

Nix

Nix

Soldato
The Canadian chedder is gorgeous.
I hate mild, plastic cheeses.
Processed cheeses are nice melted over something.
Dairylea is sickly.
Mozzerella is just texture, tastes of nothing...

I'm a strong cheese fanboy :)

beh

beh

Associate
Impossible to pick just one so - chaumes, jarlsberg, tasty lancashire, goats cheese, haloumi.

Associate
Pont L'Eveque - Normandy soft cheese yum.

But for longevity I don't think you can beat a fine english mature cheddar washed down with a good honest glass of somerset cider.

Image shown for illustration purposes only

Associate
My personal favorites are mozzarella and scamorza but they have to be fresh, ricotta and dolcelatte also have to be up there

Soldato
Johninho said:
Cheese Strings, Baby Bell, Kraft Cheese Slice, Primula Cheese Spread............. you know the sort!
Pfft get out the thread now... you don't really like cheese at all do you :p Only kidding, if that is what you like then why have anything else. But I must admit I think of that as cheese in the same way as I think of 'mellow birds' as coffee.

Tintern - Welsh matured Cheddar with fresh chives and shallots - Lovely as it is but also amazing in rarebit
Caboc - A soft cheese made from cream-enriched milk with a buttery flavour. Rolled in toasted pinhead oatmeal. Lovely on oatcakes... yummy local cheese.
Sage Derby - Similar to cheddar, flavoured with sage. Used to love this cheese but can't seem to get it up here anywhere...only by mail order :(
Red Windsor - Cheddar marbled with red wine
Gruyere & Emmental - With a little garlic and wine in a fondue. Lots of fresh crusty bread..... dangit I wish I wasn't on a diet.
Roquefort - Pungent....lovely :D
Y-Fenni - Cheddar with ale and mustard.

Although you can never go wrong with a good extra mature cheddar - the problem is being able to find one so tangy it hurts ;) In general though I tend to like all cheeses...just some more than others.

Back
Top Bottom