Your favourite chicken recipe.

Associate
Hey guys,

So I currently have so much chicken in various cuts and stock, from all the chickens I have bought over the past couple of months. However, when it comes to using it, I seem to stick to the same ol recipes, so thought I would ask the question, to see what everyone else's favourite recipe is for chicken?

My favourite is a basic, but always great, which is a brie and garlic stuffed chicken breast.

Just a simple garlic/brie/parsley mix, stuff in to a cut in the chicken breast. I then create a light herb sourdough breadcrumb mix to coat the chicken with, normally just with some thyme and parsley and a touch of lemon. Never fails to disappoint!

So what about everyone else?

Man of Honour
There are loads that I like but this one is quite unusual and always makes for a nice change:

Chinese Chicken and Potato Stew
4417920634_1b6bb8a723.jpg

http://www.pigpigscorner.com/2010/03/chinese-chicken-and-potato-stew.html

Soldato
Chicken with mozzarella & pesto is one of the things I learnt to cook at Uni and has been a 'go-to' ever since as it's dead tasty and ridiculously easy to make :p

Butterfly chicken, stuff mozzarella in and wrap it up. Pan fry then once the chicken is browned add a big dollop of green pesto on top - the melted mozzarella and pesto sauce with the chicken tastes awesome.

Recently I did a chicken roulade with a stuffing of bacon and mushrooms - it was also awesome, a bit more faffing around but it looks and tastes good.

I think it was this, roughly:

http://www.jeannebenedict.com/recipes/chicken-roulade-stuffed-with-spinach-mushrooms-and-bacon/

Associate
Buffalo wings!

We eat a couple of whole chickens a week. Before I freeze or roast the bird I take off the wings and portion them up (otherwise they'd just be chucked out with the carcass). Each bird gives 4 wing portions and 2 wing tips for stock, which I then freeze.

Every month or so I take them all out, deep fry them and then mix them with a chilli sauce/butter concoction. Served with a blue cheese sauce. Awesome.

Soldato
Does anyone have a good Jerk Chicken reciepe?? Looking to try it!!

Misses and I did chicken breast with cheese, wrapped in parma ham baked in an arrabiata sauce, was really nice!

Back
Top Bottom