Your favourite chilli sauce is?

I'm a fan of Sriracha, go through a bottle a month or so but I do find the flavour and heat varies from bottle to bottle. Sometimes it'll blow your socks off, others it'll dispatch vampires and the undead with it's garlic prowess and then other times it's a suitable condiment for patients recovering from surgery. i.e not heat at all.

Soldato
Hotpods https://hotpodschilliproducts.com/

Well worth trying, grown and made in the U.K.

I normally meet up with Stephen when he sells at rippley farmers market.

Lots of variation - currently have another bottle of Unbranded Infantry and The skull on the go. Guardian good too, if you want a lush pickle with a hit of warmth then End of Days is great!

Soldato
Holy **** is still my go to but it's not as good as it was a few years ago for some reason. Heat has increased a little to the detriment of the flavour, each batch is different obviously but this seems to be the trend I've observed.

Soldato
How well does hot sauce keep outside of the fridge? I like perking up dishes/snacks with it but seem to get through 100-200ml bottles rather quickly. I'm wondering if I can buy a larger volume online but I woudn't really want to store such a thing in the fridge.

Soldato
I made a beauty the other day. Though, it's so hot my face melts when it gets near me... and I like it really hot. I've been growing some chilies but the label fell off them, no idea what they are but they look like scropions tbh. Hot as anything. I put 6 of them in, with a red onion, a mango, couple of peaches, some peppers, some cherry toms, water, brown sugar, bit of passionfruit curd, cider vinegar.

Man, this stuff would blow your mind but it's super tasty! I think just 1 chili would have done it tbh, 6 is next level.

Soldato
Sean Evans Reveals the Season 10 Hot Sauce Lineup | Hot Ones

Hot Ones returns 9/19 @ 11am EST with Shia LaBeouf, so you know what time it is: Time to unveil the starting lineup of spice for this historic Season 10! This time around, it's Hot Ones: All-Star Edition, with some of our favorite producers from the past nine seasons bringing brand-new sauces to the table. Torchbearer! Adoboloco! Heartbeat! Plus, a brand-new edition of The Last Dab—Last Dab XXX—which goes on sale 10/17.

hope this season has less nobodies

Associate
I've Tabasco. Not a huge fan of spicy food, but Tabasco gives flavour, not just the feeling like green chillies. Some may disagree, but I like only bold flavours, so the green chillies may be a bit to subtle for my palate. Just feel the kick, haha.
At the moment really enjoying the French Red Hot sauce. Again, not too spicy, but man, that's good flavour. Perfect as dip for goujons or nuggets.

Associate
Sainsburys/Tesco etc all now do one by a brand called Mahi - Bhut Jolokia stuff, and its divine, hot, but not too hot, it goes on a lot of my foods nowadays - even stuff it shouldn't really go on!!! :D

Associate
Sainsburys/Tesco etc all now do one by a brand called Mahi - Bhut Jolokia stuff, and its divine, hot, but not too hot, it goes on a lot of my foods nowadays - even stuff it shouldn't really go on!!! :D

I've not tried the bhut, but have tried the habanero one! Not much spice behind it but there's a nice flavour, will likely pick up the bhut one next time i'm in.

I tend to have 3-4 different hot sauces at any one time as i like the variety. I have a bit of a sauce addiction, and we have well over 20 different types (all sauces) at any one time!

Associate
I've not tried the bhut, but have tried the habanero one! Not much spice behind it but there's a nice flavour, will likely pick up the bhut one next time i'm in.

I tend to have 3-4 different hot sauces at any one time as i like the variety. I have a bit of a sauce addiction, and we have well over 20 different types (all sauces) at any one time!

I just tried it one day and was hooked... Ive got used to the kick now, like the spice it's not crazy but the flavour shines through

Back
Top Bottom