Your Favourite FPS Gun Ever?

Soldato
There was a mod, I think for Unreal Tournament (the original), years ago, which I have been trying to find for a while. it was basically full of absolutely mad weapons, and one of them was a gun which basically created a kind of vortex on whatever surface you fired it at, which sucked in players and then gibbed them or ejected them at high speed - and it was utterly hilarious :D
Sounds vaguely familiar... Were all the weapons tweaked models with much cleaner looks, with far more over the top particles than stock UT99? With a Flak Cannon who's primary fire was ripped straight from a Star Wars AT-AT walker? If that sounds familiar I'll check when home, I think I kept hold of all my old favourite UT99 mods on a disk somewhere!

Unreal tournaments sniper rifle was so satisfying to get headshots with..
- Satisfying
+ Satisfyingly Easy :D

The head hitboxes were huge in UT99, was hilarious fun. Still remember playing a game with housemates at Uni on a low gravity map, they were all bunny hopping around making constant headshots super easy! Good times :D

Soldato
Sounds vaguely familiar... Were all the weapons tweaked models with much cleaner looks, with far more over the top particles than stock UT99? With a Flak Cannon who's primary fire was ripped straight from a Star Wars AT-AT walker? If that sounds familiar I'll check when home, I think I kept hold of all my old favourite UT99 mods on a disk somewhere!

I think I've found it...I have a feeling it was the ChaosUT mod, and the gun was the Vortex Launcher. Found a video of what seems to the be same gun from the UT2K4 version of the mod.

Soldato
Did the UT remake ever take off? Man I loved UT99 something fierce. I spent most of my time on instagib servers but so many good guns (killed myself with the redeemer more times than I care to admit). Even the basic Facing Worlds was a perfect map.

Wonder if it's still active. May acquire a copy on Steam or something. I expect only the best players remain though.

Don
There was a mod, I think for Unreal Tournament (the original), years ago, which I have been trying to find for a while. it was basically full of absolutely mad weapons, and one of them was a gun which basically created a kind of vortex on whatever surface you fired it at, which sucked in players and then gibbed them or ejected them at high speed - and it was utterly hilarious :D

I can't for the life of me remember the mod name, so if anyone knows what I'm talking about, please shout. Apart from that...

ChaosUT - "The Vortex" https://unreal.fandom.com/wiki/The_Vortex

Soldato
Did the UT remake ever take off? Man I loved UT99 something fierce. I spent most of my time on instagib servers but so many good guns (killed myself with the redeemer more times than I care to admit). Even the basic Facing Worlds was a perfect map.

Wonder if it's still active. May acquire a copy on Steam or something. I expect only the best players remain though.

New UT got halted when everyone involved was moved off onto the Fortnite money-monster. It's just in limbo again until Epic want to do something with the IP.

Soldato
Unreal tournament shock rifle although I mainly played the instagib varient.

That red beam and seeing them blow up was glorious. I wasn't a big fan of the regular shock rifle but that's probably cause I could never master the secondary and primary fire shot.

Honorable mentions to the Flack Cannon and Pulse Gun.

Soldato
That red beam and seeing them blow up was glorious. I wasn't a big fan of the regular shock rifle but that's probably cause I could never master the secondary and primary fire shot.

Honorable mentions to the Flack Cannon and Pulse Gun.

Lets face it, all the UT99 guns were awesome!

The ripper was fun as you could shoot it round walls and behead people.....the sniper rifle headshots were awesome, the bio rifle could be hilarious. It was all just a joy. Not forgetting The Redeemer, of course.

Soldato
Lets face it, all the UT99 guns were awesome!

The ripper was fun as you could shoot it round walls and behead people.....the sniper rifle headshots were awesome, the bio rifle could be hilarious. It was all just a joy. Not forgetting The Redeemer, of course.

All the guns had a little quirk to them. The Bio rifle was pants compared to everything else but could lock down areas quite well with the secondary fire. LOVED the secondary fire of the rocket launcher too. Hearing that noise as you loaded the rockets up was so satisfying.

Hell, even the air hammer and transponder were fun to use

Associate
G2A2 from FEAR.

Back
Top Bottom