Your Favourite Landscape Pictures

Associate
Here are a couple of pics from around where I live (of sorts)

First up is Dotonburi in Osaka....basically when you want a night out in Osaka you head down here....

dotonbori.jpg

Next up is Kinkakuji in Kyoto......a very famous temple and complete contrast to Dotonburi...

kinkakuji.jpg

None of these pics are mine...I have taken plenty but haven't got round to putting them back on the laptop.

To be honest it's very difficult to take a bad shot at both these places :D

Soldato
Not the best picture in the world, but its a nice reminder of my holiday in Kenya.

Thought people might like this one whilst you're all at work ;)

mmmmmm, nice frosty beer

Shame I'm not there anymore enjoying it in 30c with the sand between my toes :( :p

Soldato
Jimmeh said:
And if I'm not mistaken, that's the rather lovely little fishing town of Assos in the background on that wee peninsula... just how many people have been to Kefalonia/Cephalonia on these forums?!

Indeed it is ;) Destroyed by an earthquake during WW2 iirc? :)

Soldato
12462_wallpaper280.jpg

Snake River, Grand Teton National Park, Wyoming

This is a very small version of the pic since its from webshots, but this is frequently my wallpaper, and i absolutely love the scenery.

Associate
benjo said:
Myrtos Beach - Kefalonia - Greece

benjo1gz.jpg

I remember that place :D, even though was a couple of years ago can't forget a place like that. I dont know if im correct or anything, but is there like a little religous place on the top of that mountain, or is it on the other side, or infact, is it a different place :p i remember walking up a fair few steps after a short drive, can't remember if its there though.

EDIT: I think i'm thinking of Rhodes actually o_O.

Last edited:
Soldato
I dont think there was anything religous there, but there is a load of memorials for people who have died driving their cars over the cliff :eek:

Soldato
BillytheImpaler said:
This has been my background for weeks now:
[img=http://img466.imageshack.us/img466/88/naturenaturalfootgnome1600x120.th.jpg]

I nicked it from the GNOME art site.

I liked so many of the images in this thread I went ahead and made them into OcUK-approved sigs. Feel free to steal one or all of these. I intended on putting them into my rotation but I'll let others pick over them first. If anybody objects to me using any or all of these images in this manner, just let me know and I'll remove it.

treesky0hx7zu.jpg

That one's my personal favorite.
This is cool. I spent ages trying to make your fave one into a sig, but with no success :(

Back
Top Bottom