*****Your favourite mystery/conspiracy/haunting type thing*****

Caporegime
I saw the eyes of the beast of Bodmin whilst cycling back from Dartmoor (on my own, in the dark...)

Yeah I don't really believe it either but seeing a couple of glowing eyes 30ft down a bank when you're miles from another person is a little off putting, especially when you know it isn't livestock (wrong eye colour) and it must be something big as the eyes were around 6-9 inches apart... :(

Soldato
Of course Yowies are real, what do you think they did with the Wookies after they finished shooting Star Wars?

My favourite has to be this, the rock hurling "gnome" vs Argentine girly men purely for the comedic value.

Get back in your garden with your adorable little fishing rod you mischevious litte rapscallion. :D

v0n

v0n

Soldato
I came across the story of
-the SS Ourang Medan where everyone was found dead for no obvious reason

SS Ourang Medan isn't really a that much of a mistery (at least compared to the rest of your list) as it's very weak story - there is no record of such ship ever existing in any register, port or country in the world and considering this is 20th century tale, paper trace for a modern "flying dutchman" is a must.

My favourite story is John Titor. I consider it to be the first proper cyberlegend, setup in such a way that it was completely above and beyond your usual "the girl turned out to be a fat trucker" tales of the interwebs at the time. I was late to the original real time postings of John Titor, but I do recall when I read the archived parts where he posted bits of documentation of the equipment at the back of his vehicle with explanations how it worked and the whole community, some with serious diplomas and titles to their names, trying to work out what exactly they were looking at and unsuccessfully poke holes in theoretical aspect of his tale I thought - dude, this is magnificent, this could even go to press or TV, wreck careers, loose some people jobs and no one would be any wiser as to what hit them.

Man of Honour
I saw the eyes of the beast of Bodmin whilst cycling back from Dartmoor (on my own, in the dark...)

Yeah I don't really believe it either but seeing a couple of glowing eyes 30ft down a bank when you're miles from another person is a little off putting, especially when you know it isn't livestock (wrong eye colour) and it must be something big as the eyes were around 6-9 inches apart... :(

a cow, how do you now it was not cattle.

Associate
I am sure a lot of you have heard about it but if you want a crazy read google "the box", story about a young girl who responded to an ad to be a sort of bondage slave and it wasnt what she was expecting...

very disturbing.

edit: it has nothing to do with the movie

Associate
Just read through that john Titor story, interesting stuff but clearly a hoax imo.

I remember reading about an electronic device called a transfer capacitor (TCAP) years ago that was supposidly developed fromt some advanced alien technology. Still a few articles around on the net if you care to search for them.

Back
Top Bottom