*****Your favourite mystery/conspiracy/haunting type thing*****

Caporegime
I am sure a lot of you have heard about it but if you want a crazy read google "the box", story about a young girl who responded to an ad to be a sort of bondage slave and it wasnt what she was expecting...

very disturbing.

edit: it has nothing to do with the movie

Link? Google seems to just spew out links for the film.

Associate
I always found this one strange....

The Dyatlov Pass incident refers to an event that resulted in the deaths of nine ski hikers in the northern Ural mountains on the night of February 2, 1959. It happened on the east shoulder of the mountain Kholat Syakhl (Холат Сяхл) (a Mansi name, meaning Mountain of the Dead). The mountain pass where the incident occurred has since been named Dyatlov Pass (Перевал Дятлова) after the group's leader, Igor Dyatlov (Игорь Дятлов).
The lack of eyewitnesses and subsequent investigations into the hikers' deaths have inspired much speculation. Investigators at the time determined that the hikers tore open their tent from within, departing barefoot in heavy snow. Though the corpses showed no signs of struggle, two victims had fractured skulls, two had broken ribs, and one was missing her tongue.[1] According to sources, four of the victims' clothing contained high levels of radiation. There is no mention of this in contemporary documentation; it only appears in later documents.[1] Soviet investigators determined only that "a compelling unknown force" had caused the deaths. Access to the area was barred for three years after the incident.[1] The chronology of the incident remains unclear due to the lack of survivors.[2][3]

Link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dyatlov_Pass_incident

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I don't think ghosts are real, if anything I'm for the argument that ghosts are either figments of the imagination or something.

Caporegime
a cow, how do you now it was not cattle.

Because I know what cattle eyes (Along with horse, sheep etc) look like, and went past a load earlier that night. This creature was also not in a field, in fact there were no fields anywhere near. :p

I'm not for one minute actually suggesting it was a big cat, however I know it wasn't a farm animal. Either way it's a bit disconcerting when you are in the dark, in the middle of nowhere and see a creature that's obviously quite large, yet not something you have seen before.:p

Man of Honour
Mary Celeste

The Mary Celeste isn't much of a mystery. It is known that the crew abandoned ship, and that they probably tied their boat to a rope attached to the ship so that they could re-board at a later time. The rope broke, they drifted away (the Celeste was still under sail) and they added to the list of hundreds of mariners who disappeared without trace. The only real question was why they abandoned ship, and that was most likely because they feared that the cargo of pure alcohol was about to burn or explode.

Unfortunately, Arthur Conan Doyle decided to write a story about it, and added a load of stuff that wasn't true: half-eaten meals etc. These have become part of the legend and people believe that they happened.

M

Last edited:
Soldato
The Mary Celeste isn't much of a mystery. It is known that the crew abandoned ship, and that they probably tied their boat to a rope attached to the ship so that they could re-board at a later time. The rope broke, they drifted away (the Celeste was still under sail) and they added to the list of hundreds of mariners who disappeared without trace. The only real question was why they abandoned ship, and that was most likely because they feared that the cargo of pure alcohol was about to burn or explode.

Unfortunately, Arthur Conan Doyle decided to write a story about it, and added a load of stuff that wasn't true: half-eaten meals etc. These have become part of the legend and people believe that they happened.

M

I didn't know that!! Thanks for posting! :eek:

Mat

Mat

Soldato
I prefer the more mainstream ones like is there really a chamber under the Sphinx, where is the Amber Room (although this was recently claimed to have been found), whats behind the 'door' in the Great Pyramid shaft... stuff like that.

Back
Top Bottom