*****Your favourite mystery/conspiracy/haunting type thing*****

Capodecina
Soldato
Yeah, Dyaltov pass is becoming a bit of a cliche now. Good story though.

I don't really know anymore about which story/haunting thing I find 'creepy' anymore. I'm getting more and more skeptical.

Caporegime
The Mary Celeste isn't much of a mystery. It is known that the crew abandoned ship, and that they probably tied their boat to a rope attached to the ship so that they could re-board at a later time. The rope broke, they drifted away (the Celeste was still under sail) and they added to the list of hundreds of mariners who disappeared without trace. The only real question was why they abandoned ship, and that was most likely because they feared that the cargo of pure alcohol was about to burn or explode.

Unfortunately, Arthur Conan Doyle decided to write a story about it, and added a load of stuff that wasn't true: half-eaten meals etc. These have become part of the legend and people believe that they happened.

M

I doubt it was quite as clear cut as that, theres a lot of theories as to what actually happened.

Soldato
Not sure if this a commonly unexplained phenomenon, but on several occasions over the last few years, I've seen very tiny, black, featureless spherical objects spontaneously disappear within a second or two of it coming within my field of vision.

Initially I thought it may just be a small insect or spider of some sort that would suddenly jump and my eyes would be too slow to see it move, but I'm not entirely sure. On one occasion I had the chance to focus in on one of these objects for at least a good 3 to 5 seconds. It was about two metres from where I was sitting, on my bedroom wall. It was completely black, with no features, just a spherical shape, maybe a few millimeteres in diameter. I kept my eyes locked on it, but as soon as I attempted to get off my chair, it disappered, instantaneously, with absolutely no sign of movement.

Reminds me of:

Soldato

there's a better documentary on the enfield Poltergeist - its one story that i particulalrly like as the events were witnessed by scared and embaressed academics as well as the police.

Soldato
Just cruising through that GhostStudy link and it just causes me to disbelieve even more. So many pictures taken that people are claiming "didn't notice this in the background when I took the picture", but the picture itself had no reason to be taken in the first place. C'mon, a bedpost? The bottom of a staircase? A random lamp off-centre in the frame? Get real.

Soldato
OP
Ooh I forgot The Island of Dolls! It's a fairly new story that many people haven't heard yet.

Known as “La Isla de la Munecas”, by the Spanish, The Island of the Dolls is perhaps the creepiest tourist attraction in Mexico. Located within an extensive network of canals, south of Mexico City, the island is a place of mystery and superstition.

Almost every tree growing on the island is decorated with old, mutilated dolls that give anyone the feeling that they’re constantly being watched.

Don Julian used to say he was haunted by the ghost of the little girl who had drowned in one of the canals around the island. Some say he used to fish the dolls from the water because he though they were real children, but the truth is he was collecting and placing them around his home as a shrine for the spirit that tormented him.

Ironically, in 2001 Don Julian Santana was found dead by his nephew, in the same canal that he said the little girl drowned in. Now his Island of the Dolls is one of the world’s weirdest tourist attractions.

Some pics here

Destination Truth went there to take a look.

(watch from 2:20)

Soldato
pr2t.png

Back
Top Bottom