Your most satisfying moments in a game?

Soldato
Loading up the demo disc that came with the original Playstation and playing Tekken 2 for the first time.

Killing the final boss in the original Tomb Raider.

UT - sniping on top of on of the towers on CTF_Face, getting headshot after headshot :D Also; loading up UT2003 for the first time with an ATi 9800 pro, amazing graphics at the time.

So many awesome moments in MGS, hiding under a box and being discovered "What was that?" using the ketchup sachet to attract the guards attention, getting cramp from bashing the button in the torture scene.

Associate
So many awesome moments in MGS, hiding under a box and being discovered "What was that?" using the ketchup sachet to attract the guards attention, getting cramp from bashing the button in the torture scene.

To be fair MGS needs its own thread, greatest series of all time imo.
Mgs4 being the greatest and most intense story ive played to date.

uv

uv

Soldato
A 2.5 hour Savage game, culminating in me and a friend sneaking two behemoths around the entire map to destroy their base :p

good times!

Associate
Playing Dawn of War, me and a mate playing against 3 ork computers on a map called bloodshed alley, getting pushed back, the computers had just depleted all my mates forces and base defences were all but gone, I managed to drop 5 mechs just behind the enemy line and slaughter them then we went on to take the entire map and win the game.

Associate
Defending the hill against hundreds of Vietcong in...Vietcong. Totally epic.

Pretty much every part of Mafia.

Getting my first 50-0 kill streak in Cod2 rifles.

CoD4, when Gaz gets killed. I was genuinely gutted.

Every cutscene in Final Fantasy X.

Probably many more.

Associate
Getting back all the money I paid for Far Cry 2 when I sold the pile of crap was pretty satisfying

Haha that is a classic indeed!

I would have to say TF2 when I managed to jump onto an engineers head, sap his turret and stab him in the back before he got it off. I couldn't stop laughing.

Associate
First house I bought on Ultima Online, so many trees died and were turned into bows to buy that!

In this century it'd be first clan win playing TFC many years ago, was nice for us all to manage to stay connected for almost 60 mins on our 33K modems!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEpNx2qde3Q

The very first time I heard a game character speak.

Mate, had a house just south of Trinsic. Getting that changed the game for me... I miss UO so much. Nothing since has come close.

And I loved Impossible Mission... What a game (and the sequel)!

Completing Zelda on the SNES, started Christmas morning and finished 28th December. Streetfighter 2 didn't get a look in, in retrospect it's probably lost me a tremendous amount of retro gaming kudos as I always get my behind handed to me whenever I play now.

Man of Honour
Ignoring multiplayer, I'd say probably:

-Taking a fully upgraded 1978 3.6l Porsche 911 Turbo out for a spin in NFS: Porsche 2000
-Puzzle-solving in the Orange Box
-Various set pieces from the CoD games (beach landings, airstrikes etc)
-Trick-jumping in Quake (grenade assisted ramp-jumps etc)

Back
Top Bottom