Your most satisfying moments in a game?

Soldato
CoD4 - was on a massive killing spree, id completely run out of ammo and backed into a corner under fire, Sensing the end i got a flashbang ready for the two guys after me, i threw it hitting one and killing him, the flash went of and blinded the other and i sneakily took him out with the knife, then watching their reaction as i was instantly hailed as a hacker and cheat :)

lol I have to say you gotta love it when people do treat you like that when its down to either sheer luck or pure skill...:D

Associate
To be fair MGS needs its own thread, greatest series of all time imo.
Mgs4 being the greatest and most intense story ive played to date.

It is a bit full of itself, Snakes character needed an epic send off and he got it, but Hideo really was preachy... not that I didn't enjoy it.

I prefered 3, the end of that, the story, the music... it gave me shivers!

Soldato
Quake 2 - getting into the second Wireplay Cup final with a last-second one frag victory (and I got the kill - on Q2DM1). It was awesome (and I still know some of the guys I played with and against - 11 years on!).

Everquest - making the run from Kelethin back to Qeynos at level 14 - it was just such an amazing trip and there was so many times we didn't think we'd make it - ever.

The "twist" in KOTOR. Epic.

The first time I played Half Life - I'd been waiting so long for it, read so much and even swapped emails with one of the bods at Valve - I almost remember his response to my first email even nowl "The world of PC Gaming will change on November ?? 1998" - I can't remember the exact date, but he was right :D

Associate
Warcraft 3 2v2 LAN. ME and my mate were getting battered and had to combine bases into one. KNowing we didn't have the resources or manpower to win, we built tower after tower after tower and hid our remaining units at the back. It was like the helms deep scene from LOTR. Just a huge mass of enemies bearing down on our defenses, though we knew they wouldn't stand forever, and they didnt. We lost, but it was close in the end and was totally epic :D

Associate
Hmm...there's a few!

Completing Doom for the first time (without cheating)
Completing all the Goldeneye levels within the time limit, unlocking all the cheats
Goldeneye multiplayer (sooooo many hours...)
RA2 multiplayer (epic 3+ hour battles)
First time I ever played Street Fighter 2 on the SNES (it was at a demo unit in Comet I think)
Completing the Turtles, WWF Wrestlefest & Simpsons arcade games (at the actual arcade)
Completing Mario 1 & 3 on the original NES
Playing Mario 64, Tekken, and Destruction Derby for the first time
Paying £10.00 to pre-order WWF Attitude on the N64, then shelling out the other £40.00 on release day...sigh...

Great thread btw

Associate
  • Playing Tomb Raider for the first time at a friends house.

• Duke Nukem 3D every day after primary school at a friends house.

• Flying in formation for the first time in IL-2. > This isnt a satisfying moment but quite significant for me - I was told my dad was dying of cancer when I was mid-flight in IL-2 when I was 14. I dont mean to put a downer on the thread lol, everythings cool now, I'm 20.

• Playing with my mate in a 2 week long LAN of SupCom, GTA IV, Crysis, Age of Conan, Fueled by cheap Lidl energy drinks, crisps, pizzas, Vodka and beer.

Associate
Playing my ass off (and being lucky i admit) on TF2 arena as a medic in 1 vs 3 or 4 situations. One cunningly involved ubersawing a slightly slow minded heavy but the rest of it was a fretful me screaming 'omg omg omg' in my head moments against decent aware opponents.

Best part though was at the end with the comments and congratulations of the other randoms on the server, times like that when you remember why we all play computer games.

Soldato
Becoming a Full temp PRE CU jedi in star wars galaxies and becoming a 12-point weaponsmith. The cost of the suit was like 20 million credits altogether which were not ebayed (although I could guess who was selling ebay credits on the server).

Soldato
When I played WoW. The two times at level 70, I took on 4 other 70s all at once and won.

Also trying week after week for a new server first kill and finally getting it knowing you all worked hard on it.

And having a team of guys who form the perfect premade and you just play flawlessly to beat the enemy premade. (Before arena rubbish)

Last edited:
Soldato
Like the op's example, one of mine was on Battlefield 2. I remember tracking all the way across the map (it was the diagonal desert one, I forget the name, but not Karkland) and getting to the smaller enemy spawn point on the far side of the map. I saw a helicopter spawn, but it was one of those helicopters with the open back so the people sit out of it. So I put two charges of C4 on it and ran back into the shrubs, waited for it to take off and to my utter disbelief and luck, two people got in. So there was a pilot and one bloke sitting on the back. So I ran out just as they were taking off, with my detonator out and he saw me standing there with it, and then.... :D Dead. :cool: Battlefield 2 is a hell of a game actually, thinking about it.

Soldato
Your all wrong!
Future cop LAPD for the PSX, was by far the best co-op experience :D

OMG. I remember this game! I remember getting it from blockbuster and playing it round my friends house with a big group of us :D

My best moment is probably Arma 2 when the OCUK server was in its prime, jets flying overhead and plenty of comms, was breathtaking.

Also being banned from the majority of cs 1.6 servers due to "hacking" which made me laugh :)

Last edited:
Associate
Scoring over 100 000 points on M.U.L.E. on the C64 and receiving the certificate by post from Electronic Arts / Ozark Softscape in 1984.

Back
Top Bottom