Your 'must see' music videos

Soldato
dmpoole said:
All the early Metallica videos told a good story especially One.
:eek: You did not just say that! 'One' was their first video, was basically a concert shot with a few war clips thrown in, was the reason they sold out, and since they only put out one more [true Metallica] album after that I would say it was the later part of their career, not early. :p

Man of Honour
Raist said:
:eek: You did not just say that! 'One' was their first video, was basically a concert shot with a few war clips thrown in, was the reason they sold out, and since they only put out one more [true Metallica] album after that I would say it was the later part of their career, not early. :p
It was their first video and the later part of their career? :/

Man of Honour
Tried to think of a couple that are a little bit unusual since most of my choices have already been mentioned but

They Might Be Giants - Ana Ng, for simply being one of the oddest videos I've watched.
Beastie Boys - Fight For Your Right To Party, more for the song than the video but still entertaining.
Narcotic Thrust - I Like It, loved the song first, watched the video and loved it even more :D
Foo Fighters - Everlong, simply a great video.

Soldato
Gilly said:
It was their first video and the later part of their career? :/
Sure. It was off their 6th album, and they only had one album after that. Sure they recorded many more, but most old-school Metallica fans who remember they were the 3rd-fastest speed metal band out there would say the Black Album was the last of the good music. Therefore, imo, it was the later part of their career.

Soldato
Yeah, I'm still not sure what you're looking for. Perhaps this will help:

metal9kd.gif

Sorry, it was their 5th album, not 6th.

Man of Honour
Raist said:
Sure. It was off their 6th album,

It was off their 4th which was called And Justice For All.
Metallica bought the rights to a film that I saw on BBC many years ago called Johnny Get Your Gun (I think) and it was about a soldier who'd been blown up and was deaf, dumb and blind. The only way he could communicate was to bang his head in morse code to tell anybody out there to kill him. I forget how it ended. Anyway, the song was wrote around the film and history was made for Metallica. They always swore not to make a video unless it was meaningful.

Soldato
dmpoole said:
It was off their 4th which was called And Justice For All.
5th. See above. But I still stand corrected.
dmpoole said:
Metallica bought the rights to a film that I saw on BBC many years ago called Johnny Get Your Gun (I think) and it was about a soldier who'd been blown up and was deaf, dumb and blind.
Very close! Johnny Got His Gun.
dmpoole said:
Anyway, the song was wrote around the film and history was made for Metallica.
Heh heh - history is spot on. :p

Well, although I've hijacked this thread for just one artist, at least we're still on the subject of videos. I'll let it get back on topic now. :o

Back
Top Bottom