Your opinions on Halfords...

Soldato
Audio is well overpriced imo but i fit all my own and wouldnt let a soul other than me do it lol..

tools as said are good.. and they do sometimes stock a part that the local place dont have...

but halfords is 5 mins drive away from me... and the local place where i get discount is a 2mins walk... and open the same hours as halfords so i just go there and they know there cars :)

in all i will use halfords if needed or sometimes ill see a head unit online and go there to check it out ;) lol

Soldato
I've bought both my child seats from Halfords and they fitted them too :) Good selection of audio equipment which I believe they will slap in FOC. I quite like the touch screen monitors which tell you what oil is recommended for your vehicle, too.

The car 'accessories' are a complete waste I feel; chavtastic spoilers, gear knobs, etc. Does anyone actually buy that stuff? I don't think they are competitive in this area and it makes the store, as mentioned above, tacky.

Soldato
s0ck said:
The car 'accessories' are a complete waste I feel; chavtastic spoilers, gear knobs, etc. Does anyone actually buy that stuff? I don't think they are competitive in this area and it makes the store, as mentioned above, tacky.

Sadly yes they do :( And they look stupid, do nothing, and cost a fortune!

Mind you, good luck to halfords, if people buy the tat for silly money, then good for them! Just make use of people's stupidity :)

Associate
Can I find oil for a VAG PD engine? - Your not looking then, stocked in all superstores
Copper grease ? - Sold in small tube, big tub or a spray
Store systems are a bit old but due for a complete replacement in the next 18 months, though 'supermez' store have autodata & mastercat with hpi vehicle data look up which is usefull

Soldato
I go in Halfords now and again, mainly to buy cleaning products and the like - I wouldn't think of going there for parts unless I was desperate.

The service is ok in the local one, I bought a Michelin footpump from there a few weeks ago that wouldn't sit on the valve properly. Took it back and they admitted it was a faulty batch and they'd taken them off the shelf. I ended up getting their own make and a £7 refund.

Associate
Halfords to the rescue! Needed a battery super quick and just popped over and bought one this morning. £50 mind you but I needed it for today. Wasn't so impressed with the poxy can of de-icer I bought, again out of neccessity for £1.75 - I usually go to Poundland for a can double the size

Back
Top Bottom