your personal favourite football player of all time

Associate
He's not the best, but he's my favourite. His attitude is second to none, the fact he never got booked is testiment to what kind of a guy he is. Met him on several occasions and he really is a top, top bloke.

Loves his club aswell :)

Associate
Oooo toughie.....

there's a few Contenders (sorry but has to be said)

) Pele
) Stan the man
) Best
) Dalgliesh
) Beckenbaur (or however you spell it)
) Souness
) Bremmner
) Zico
) Croyaff
) Heck most of the Brazilian 70's squad
) Gazza ???

Man of Honour
Originally posted by Vicar
Oooo toughie.....

there's a few Contenders

) Pele
) Stan the man
) Best
) Dalgliesh
) Beckenbaur (or however you spell it)
) Souness
) Bremmner
) Zico
) Croyaff
) Heck most of the Brazilian 70's squad

I think thats a little more than one ;)

Man of Honour
Originally posted by Vicar
Yeah but you gotta admit, anyone reading this far before posting, it opens up a few more avenues before they post there all time favourite :D

True, but then I could only ever post those of whom I've seen a few times with my own eyes :)

Don
Originally posted by [ASSE]Hinchy

Ronaldo

Ronaldo simple because it is Ronaldo and he is so exciting to watch.

Obviously you are referring to the Ronaldo at man utd , there isn't another one is there ? :p

Associate
Originally posted by Gilly
True, but then I could only ever post those of whom I've seen a few times with my own eyes :)

Lets face it, unless you were seasoned supporter at Leeds or Man U, who ever you supported as a kid, VCR swayed most on your mind.... granted if you did goto your home games, then home hero's ok. I was brought up on Scottish football, laughing stock now, but when born, some of the best footy players around came from our halowed turfs.... as stated in previous posts.... I excluded a few as well.... Alec McLeish,Willie Miller,Jim Baxter, Eric Black, Jinky Johnstone, Graeme Souness, Billy Bremmner, Kenny Dalgliesh and Derek johnstone, some of which who rang rings round the 66 English squad in 67....

but England with 10 times our size of Population also some of the greatest talents ever.... Terry Butcher, Peter Shilton, Ray Wilkins, Stanley Baxter, Gary Linkear, Owen (he's welsh :p ) Gazza, Stuart Pearce, Trevor Wilkins... the list goes on, we aint on the germans, dutch etc.... Brazil etc too many to mention....

But hey if it was me.... Pele (edit) dam cant decide) George Best :D

If it was at home games..... George Albertz, Brain Laudrap or Ally MCoist...... :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom