Youtube Stuttering...?

Soldato
I've been getting some random stuttering ONLY when playing youtube. I have 2 120Gb Samsung 840 SSDs in RAID 0 on a p67 chipset with a 2500k @ 4.6GHz. 7850 @ 1.3GHz, I've been through multiple driver revisions so I'm fairly certain it's not a driver thing....

Really unsure as to where to start when troubleshooting this, as everything else works perfectly. Any ideas are welcome, thank you.

Soldato
First place I'd be looking is your internet connection for YouTube issues, but I had a weird issue a year or two ago when my main PC (with an i7, twin 5870's at the time, etc) would stutter and buffer constantly, where my 5 year old low end laptop would play them fine on the same internet connection. Turned out to be the anti-virus I was running on the PC, once I uninstalled Avast and moved to MS Security Essentials, all my YouTube issued disappeared.

Only mentioning it as it was a good week of troubleshooting before I stumbled across this and thought it might be worth a shot in your case if other devices on your network don't have issues with YouTube.

Associate
If you've not tried yet then maybe switch browsers, see if that helps. If not then try disabling hardware acceleration if it's enabled, or enabling it if it's disabled. OK, not a very scientific approach I'm using, just try and see, but still worth a shot? :)

Back
Top Bottom