Z-2300 vs Aego M 2.1 ? or sub £150

Soldato
Whats A/Bed. Also whats 'every respect' Not saying the Aegos are bad, ive never even heard them.
Sorry - as in 'compared A with B'; a direct comparison with all other things [source, etc] being constant.

Detail, sparkle, stereo field positioning, ultra low-end [a bit obvious, given the sub!], accuracy of midrange [though the Aegos do have a low-mid dip, due to physics and stuff]. They even held their own in the perceived power stakes.

Maybe there are cheap separate systems out there that are better than the Aegos; I've only really tested these two systems. It's just that the oft-repeated mantra on here, and other places, is "any separates trump any PC speakers", when my ex-studio-engineer ears have revealed that it's simply not true.

I can't comment on how they stack up to the Z-2300s, but if they're anything like every other Logitech system I've heard, the low-end will have more flabby wool than an unfussy Welshman.

Soldato
OP
unfortunetly i donlt have the floor space for anything other then a 2.1 setup so i gues ill just get the aegos at christmas. Cheers guys.

Can i plug an xbox 360 into them for sound? as i want to bring that up and my 24" monitor but the monitor doesn't have speakers with it ya see.

Soldato
The 3.5mm input on the front of the sub never worked on mine. I always just used the rear inputs, although you'd need a mini jack to phono interconnect for that.

Soldato
I've A/Bed some Aego 2.1s against a Cambridge A1 and Gale bookshelf speaker combo.

The Aegos were noticeably superior in pretty much every respect.

Just sayin'.

With all respect, that's a pretty poor seperates set up. If you went used, you'd DEFINITELY get a better stereo setup. But they'd be a bit older, take up more room etc, which isn't for everyone.

I'd certainly NOT get floorstanders for this budget, even if you could fit them. Especially in small uni accomodation. Bookshelfs would offer a more polished sound.

Back on topic, the Aego M are the best option for someone who wants decent sound, on a budget without much room :)

Soldato
With all respect, that's a pretty poor seperates set up. [...]
Yeah, but you know... separates! Separates are definitely better! All PC speakers sound like crap compared to separates! If you spend ten hours of your valuable time hunting for slightly better sound for a fiver less, that's brilliant, because they're separates! SEEPPPAAAARRRAAATTTEEESSSsssssssssss!

;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom