Z390 Aorus Owners thread

Associate
And another question. Why are the on-board LEDs so flipping bright?
I have put some “lightdims” on mine to tone them down a bit.

Soldato
Is there a way to use rgb fusion in the bios for the z390 aorus master?

I used to be able to access it on my previous board.

Hating the orange LED's when I boot.

Soldato
Gigabyte have now provided me a copy of the latest bios which has rgb fusion enabled in the bios.

At least I can change the colour during boot now.

RGB Fusion is awful. That is all.

Soldato
Gigabyte have now provided me a copy of the latest bios which has rgb fusion enabled in the bios.

At least I can change the colour during boot now.

RGB Fusion is awful. That is all.

What version have they supplied you with, is it F11J for the 390 Master.....?

if it is a later one than that can you share it by hosting it somewhere...?

Thanks

Soldato
What version have they supplied you with, is it F11J for the 390 Master.....?

if it is a later one than that can you share it by hosting it somewhere...?

Thanks

Its F11C but with a 2020 date instead of the public F11c which was compiled in 2019.

If you want it let me know and I'll upload it.

Soldato
Its F11C but with a 2020 date instead of the public F11c which was compiled in 2019.

If you want it let me know and I'll upload it.

Yeah, if you don't mind that could be useful for me to try. Thanks.

The latest beta BIOS is F11J and if you want I can upload that. BUT for some people it has an issue with a blank screen when you try and enter the BIOS settings. For others it works fine. If you want to try it and that happens you enter the BIOS flash screen instead, that works, and you can reflash your old BIOS back.

I also have F11E and that one works fine.
If you want that one just let me know .

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeah, if you don't mind that could be useful for me to try. Thanks.

The latest beta BIOS is F11J and if you want I can upload that. BUT for some people it has an issue with a blank screen when you try and enter the BIOS settings. For others it works fine. If you want to try it and that happens you enter the BIOS flash screen instead, that works, and you can reflash your old BIOS back.

I also have F11E and that one works fine.
If you want that one just let me know .

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AkV8SEe6Fou4mGkAQRO2uedEoI9f?e=bquSCV

Here you go mate

Associate
I've been on F11C and unable to get a stable 5GHz (50x CPU ratio, 47x uncore/ring ratio) no matter how much voltage I pump into it. At best I'd be able to run stress tests like Prime/AIDA64/RealBench/OCCT, however, I'd get WHEA errors (reported in HWiNFO64).

Someone posted BIOS F11K in the OCN thread, including a modded version with the faster (older) microcode. Since I was already dismayed thinking that I may have damaged the CPU already from pushing its thermals hard while trying to overclock it, I thought why not at least try this newest BIOS -- despite the fact that I've read a number of people say that F11C was the last good/stable BIOS, and everything new since then has been garbage.

Just wanted to report to any interested that F11K has been 100% solid for me at 5GHz/4.7GHz with medium-LLC and 1.37v. I know that vcore is probably high for most of you, but I have yet to experiment backing it down. With F11C, I wasn't even able to get stable up above 1.4v, so this is a welcome improvement for me.

RAM (Corsair Vengeance) is also OC'd from 3200MHz to 3600.

I was hoping this BIOS might have an option to change RGB LED lighting inside it, but it does not. I recall reading that it was possible to mod these BIOSes to add this ability. Anyone have experience with that?
B
I've also dabbled in testing whether to disable HPET timer or not, testing DPC and whatnot with LatencyMon (https://www.resplendence.com/latencymon) and TimerBench (https://www.overclockers.at/articles/the-hpet-bug-what-it-is-and-what-it-isnt), but I'm not sure if the whole HPET vs. other timers debate is snake-oil or not. Any thoughts/input on this would be appreciated.

Associate
@Too Tall I found a Reddit post from a deleted account about this mythical F11C with RGB in BIOS, but Gigabyte support denies it's existence to me now. This is about the only other place I can find anyone talking about it. Can you send it to me?

@Vimes maybe you still have it?

Soldato
I have just checked and no I do not have that file. Not too long ago I cleared out a lot of older files that I no longer needed.

IIRC if you do flash it and then try and flash a std BIOS file you might have issues with BIOS size mismatch or something. Too long ago to be precise on remembering the detail.

Perhaps you might find it here....

https://www.overclock.net/threads/gigabyte-z390-aorus-owners-thread.1711478/

Soldato
Great that you found a BIOS for your use, well done.
Searching that thread is not easy at all, nor any other threads within that forum.
Rudimentary RGB support within the BIOS is not something that Gigabyte seemed to bother with, on this board anyway.

Back
Top Bottom