Zalman gt900 v gt1000

Associate
Hi all,

I am just pondering over a new build which will be firts time at water cooled build Im browsing for components at the mo and started with the case, I noticed the Zalman cases which I really like the look of, I was trying to work out the difference between these two models? is the higher price of the GT1000 justified? also noticed the fatality version of the 900 but suppose this is just a "badged" version?. any info on these appreciated, cheers

Thanks for any info

Soldato
The GT1000 is just an updated revised version with titanium metal. Personally I would recommend the Silverstone TJ-09 instead of the Zalman case. This is because although the Zalman has excellent build quality it is very standardised in terms of features with only a single exhaust fan, small interior and very little scope for expansion. The Silverstone simply blows it away in terms of features (support for more harddrives, clever central intake fan, PSU mount at the bottom of the case) and looks amazing too.

Last edited:

Peg

Peg

Associate
The GT1000 is just an updated revised version with titanium metal. Personally I would recommend the Silverstone TJ-09 instead of the Zalman case. This is because although the Zalman has excellent build quality it is very standardised in terms of features with only a single exhaust fan, small interior and very little scope for expansion. The Silverstone simply blows it away in terms of features (support for more harddrives, clever central intake fan, PSU mount at the bottom of the case) and looks amazing too.

I am just awaiting stock of the Black GT1000 and then my TJ09 is history. The build quality of the silverstone leaves a lot to be desired and it took a lot of Blu-tac to stop it rattling. I am quite fussy about noise and bought my components carefully with this in mind but the TJ09 does not cut the mustard.

Last edited:
Soldato
Perhaps the Coolermaster Cosmos or Antec P182 would be a better bet then as both are designed with low noise in mind.

Peg

Peg

Associate
Perhaps the Coolermaster Cosmos or Antec P182 would be a better bet then as both are designed with low noise in mind.

Both have doors though. The thickness of the aluminium on the GT1000 will be good for stopping resonance that many other aluminium cases suffer from as well so I shall be picking a Zalman up when they are in stock.

Back
Top Bottom