Zalman ZM-SC100 System Cooling Fan

Associate
is it worth getting?

i havent seen any reviews or any comments about this product, im wondering for 25 pounds (including postage) is it worth getting? i have a i7 rig and double 4890's, will i see any change in temp if i purchase this? and if i do what kind of a temp drop are we talking about? 3-5 or maybe 10?

also whats the best thermal paste that i can get?

Last edited:
Associate
I've not read anything about that one in particular, and days can be long and boring in the office so I have plenty of time to read reviews..

I did post something idiotic earlier since i thought it was a cpu cooler for some reason, i blame the early morning syndrome.

I'm not sure how effective this sort of solution will be, or whether ti will even fit properly with your double 4890s.

It looks as if it basically blows extra air onto the boards, but tbh, if the ambient temperature in the case is warm anyway i can't see it being a great deal of help.

I'd guess something like this could change the airflow in the case, however this could be in a good way or a bad way :) One of the airflow genius's on here might be able to help you more than my vague guesswork :)

For thermal paste people seem to like arctic silver as5 or arctic cooling mx2 or mx3.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom