Zanardi in Critical Condition

Soldato
He doesn't, do he.

Promising F1 career ruined in part because of a monumental crash in 1993 when his active suspension failed.

Ultimately made it to Indycar where he found himself the class of the field; enough for Williams to bring him back to F1. Struggled terribly, but started to get his head around the new cars. Was running third in Monza in his best performance when his floor came loose. Small com

Left for Indycar again and I think we all sadly know what happened there, again when he was enjoying his best performance for years. That he survived at all is amazing.

That he went on to win four paralympic gold medals and returned to motor racing tells you everything about his spirit. Hopefully he'll be back to compete at next year's paralympics.

Crossing everything for him.

Associate
So saddened when I heard of this accident. I remember Spa 1993, Eau Rouge - absolutely brutal crash. Moving to Indycar, Zanardi did so well. Then the crash - was horrific. Now this.

It's a shame that (like other motorsport) on Freeview, WTCC gets zero coverage in the UK.

Zanardi has never changed throughout his career. Such a great, genuine personality. I have always have been a fan since he was Lotus driver. Man, his career - talk of cojones.

I so wish Alex to pull through.

Back
Top Bottom