Zizou or Gaucho?

Soldato
Ive been having this debate today with my mates:

Asuming both were in their prime/top of their game, who would you rarther have as your attacking midfielder?
Zidane or Ronaldinho?

Or would you have someone else?

I'd personally have Zidane. As good as Ronaldinho is, Zidane makes everything look so easy. As if he's not even trying.

You lot?

Soldato
5 years ago Zidane without question.

At this moment in short term Zidane, but Ronalinho has more years ahead of him.

Just reread origional post - that'll be zidane then :D

Soldato
ZZ still looked good on Sunday against Seville. Just of few ocasions of him lacking a bit of pace and not being able to get away from the opposition after beating them.

For all of Ronaldiniho's tricks, runs and clever touches he can look very average at times.

Soldato
NokkonWud said:
Definitely Zidane, one of the greatest players of all time.

Id agree with that.

But as the question is who would you rather have as your attacking midfielder?
I would have to say Ronaldinho for entertainment , I love the way he plays and his attitude towards the game.

Man of Honour
Zidane at the peak of his powers was sensational. I'd go for him as not only was he a brilliant player, he also performed on the big stages - Champions League final, World Cup etc. Maybe in a couple of years Ronaldinho will scale those heights too, who knows.

Associate
Zidane, again for his effortless grace, ingenious passes and flicks, ability to use either foot and i think hes possibly better all round (ie in the air etc). Ronaldinho as great as he is looks like he expends a good deal more energy though his extra pace could cause problems.

But then, Zidane didnt need pace to beat players. Zizou for the win

Soldato
BoomAM said:
Im suprised as the number of people saying Zidane.
I was half-expecting everyone here to worship Ronaldinho.
Yes i was expecting the same and i was ready for an arguement :D, but i guess the people on this forum know more about sport than i gave them credit for.

Soldato
Zidane was something else when he was at his peak, doesn't have the tricks Ronnie has but his grace and style was just untouchable.

Soldato
Zidane did what was easiest to do in the situation, if that required the flare ronaldinho uses then he would probably do them tricks also, thats zidanes beauty when he is under the most pressure he will do something out of the world to get out of it.

Back
Top Bottom