Zizou or Gaucho?

Soldato
OP
The thing that sways it for me, is that Ronaldinho, despite his skill & tricks, allways appears to be 'trying' to do the tricks. Where as Zidene allways looks like he cant be bothered, does the same thing as Ronaldinho and still makes it look second nature.

Soldato
BoomAM said:
The thing that sways it for me, is that Ronaldinho, despite his skill & tricks, allways appears to be 'trying' to do the tricks. Where as Zidene allways looks like he cant be bothered, does the same thing as Ronaldinho and still makes it look second nature.
Yep good point - he does what is required = the beauty

Associate
[ASSE]Hinchy said:
Ronaldinho could perhaps yet get even better though. Got plenty of years ahead of him. Scary thought..
Pssibly, but ronnys game is based around speed, which he will lose as he gets older. I doubt ronny will be as good as zidane is now once ronny gets to his age (does that make sense?!?!).

Soldato
Zidane was on another level to everyone else, and to a point still is. I have not seen any player in my time to have such connection with the ball, knowing how the ball feels and sticks to his feet leaving players for dead. His flair cannot be beaten. I would not Put Ronnie in his category at all. Yes, neat tricks, but its just different if you know what i mean.

For me though, I would have Kaka over Ronaldinho any day.

Associate
Nedved11 said:
Zidane was on another level to everyone else, and to a point still is. I have not seen any player in my time to have such connection with the ball, knowing how the ball feels and sticks to his feet leaving players for dead. His flair cannot be beaten.

The point needed to be added that he could do all this whilst holding off and beating 2 or 3 defenders. Even when he was getting buffetted about he still had ultimate control. His style i think is possibly unique in the sense that his skill and trickery did not involve running past people and his strength gave him a side to his game that other creative players such as ronaldinho, ronaldo even maradonna did not have.

Soldato
Ye your right, ronaldinho has to use a lot of energy to beat players - which is nice to see but in terms of being an athlete Zidane uses so little energy he just jogs forward tricks the defenders goes past them with ease.
I cant think of anyone like that at all except maybe george best sometimes - but he uses a lot of energy sometimes as well its hard to say with these old clips :D

Caporegime
BoomAM said:
Didnt Zidane win some Uefa award a few years ago where he was voted the best player ever or something like that? :confused:

I thought it was for the best French player ever by the French FA or something? I know what you mean though, there was definitely something.

Soldato
i was going to say ronaldinho but after seeing the video i think i have to say zidane. zidane jus looks like he is just walking past the whole defence whereas ronaldinho has to sprint.
no wonder realbought zidane for approx 49million!

Soldato
Ok pretty to look at both of them outrageously taleted, but ronaldiho is more effective in a game.
Lets split this thread into 2. Best effective player and best player to watch with a football.
Ronaldiho and zidane are on the list but suddenly Henry and gerrard kaka etc... join in. Who would you rather have in your team. I'm willing to bet gerrard and henry have bigger effects on games that those 2 do.

Soldato
Not zidane at his best - he was constantly just ace - a good stat i heard a few years ago when i think Manu played Real was Zidane didnt lose the ball or someone he passed to lost the ball in like the 46th minute lol.

Back
Top Bottom