Zizou or Gaucho?

Caporegime
Ronaldinho for me all the time, even though hes had a pretty dire WC by his standards..id still have him over that evil looking french frog:p. Zidane did have an awesome game last night against the brazilians but for me hes been too off form especially club wise. Good player though and i guess hes come into form at the right time imho.

Ronaldinho as i said has had a very poor WC, again probably due to the way Parreira was playing him...he didnt look too happy where he was. But credit to France they didnt let Brazil play their usual game so were completely out of sorts.

Caporegime
Zidane for me, watching him play a few years back was just breathtaking at times. Deffinitely one of the best players i've seen in my lifetime.

Ronaldinho still has time to surpass him mind.

Caporegime
BoomAM said:
Ive been having this debate today with my mates:

Asuming both were in their prime/top of their game, who would you rarther have as your attacking midfielder?
Zidane or Ronaldinho?

Or would you have someone else?

I'd personally have Zidane. As good as Ronaldinho is, Zidane makes everything look so easy. As if he's not even trying.

You lot?
Lol thats never been up for debate - ZZ everytime, I put him up there with the likes of Platini...

I defy anyone to remember when they first saw either player play, with Ronaldinho it was like 'Wow nice tricks, wish I could do them...', but with Zidane, the way he looks, his gait as soon as you see him play you think 'WTF have I just seen?!?' he makes football effortless and makes simple things sublime.

As someone mentioned its his efficiency in the things he did and how easy he made things look that personify the beauty inherent in the game. Ronaldinho is a great player and will get better but hes just not in the same league...

I will miss him when he retires, probably the best player of my generation...

ps3ud0 :cool:

Last edited:
Associate
Im sorry fella's but you are all caught up in the hysteria of the World Cup.

Ronaldinho is the best player that has ever played football. If you are a fan of Spanish football, you will have witnessed Ronaldinho game in game out were he has ripped teams apart on his own with his passing movement skill strength and balance.

He knits everything they do together. If you are going to World cup form then Ofcoarse it has to be ZZ as Ronnie never showed up. Perhaps the long season and the champions league took it toll.

They play him out of his Barca position and he doen't get that freedom he enjoys. When playing internationals he is one of the big 4. Although he is far better than the other 3

Zidane was and still is a fantastic player but Ronaldinho is better NOW than ZZ was in his hay day. That for me is without question.

Soldato
-|ScottFree|- said:
Zidane was and still is a fantastic player but Ronaldinho is better NOW than ZZ was in his hay day. That for me is without question.

I wonder whether you have seen Zidane in his hay day to make comments like that.

Zidane has done it in France, Italy, Spain and the national team. When his club or country has really needed him he has more than often come good. The greatest player I've ever seen that is for sure. Ronaldinho is also good but being Brazilian means he will get a lot more credit then he sometimes deserves.

As for Ronaldinho being the greatest footballer ever, well that is laughable mate.

Soldato
It is way too soon to say that Ronaldinho is better than Zidane.
He is an excellent player, but in the champions league final he was a ghost. Last time Zidane was in the champions league final he scored one of the best goals I have ever seen. Tie that to two goals in a world cup final and his last two performances this time round, there is no question in my mind.

oh, and a euro 2000 medal, being amazing for Juve, two other champions league finals with them(i think), several league titles and cups. Pretty sure he has every award that he possibly could have.

Last edited:
Soldato
and here they are:

France National Team:

Semi-Finalist, FIFA European Nations cup, 1996.

Champion, FIFA World Cup, France 1998.

Champion, King Hassan II Tournament, Morocco 1998, 2000.

Champion, FIFA European Nations cup (Euro 2000).

Italy Championship:

Winner of the Italian Supercup, Italy 1997.

Champion, Scudetto, Serie A, Italy 1997.

Champion, Scudetto, Serie A, Italy 1998.

Runner-up, Scudetto, Serie A, Italy 2000.

Runner-up, Scudetto, Serie A, Italy 2001.

Spain Championship:

Winner of La Liga, Spain 2003.

European Club Championships:

Runner-up, UEFA Cup 1996 with Bordeaux.

Winner of the European Super Cup in 1996 with Juventus.

Winner of the Intercontinental Cup in 1996 with Juventus.

Runner-up, UEFA Champions League 1997 with Juventus.

Runner-up, UEFA Champions League 1998 with Juventus.

Winner of the UEFA Champions League 2001 with Real Madrid.

Winner of the Intercontinental Cup in 2002 with Real Madrid.

Winner of the European Super Cup in 2002 with Real Madrid.

Individual:

Voted Best Young Player in France in 1994.

FIFA World Footballer of the Year - 3rd, 1997

Golden Ball Award, 1998.

FIFA European Footballer of the year, 1998.

FIFA World Footballer of the Year, 1998

FIFA European Footballer of the Year, 2000

FIFA World Footballer of the Year, 2000

FIFA All star team: WC 1998, Euro 2000

FIFA World Footballer of the Year, 2003

Soldato
When Zidane gets the ball, its as if everything slows down, he does things so calmly and elegantly, without any effort. His movement and balance is so good, he fools defenders and just glides past them, hes without doubt one of the best players ever.

Nice video though thanks for that.

Anyway who would I choose? Hmm thats a tough one.

Back
Top Bottom