1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Zombie books

Discussion in 'Music, Box Office, TV & Books' started by richyfingers, 21 Apr 2010.

1. richyfingers

Wise Guy

I'm a massive zombie movie fan and recently started buying a few zombie books namely,

World War Z.
    Blood crazy.
    Day by day Armageddon.

Anyone got some good suggestions to add to my collection?

Cheers,

Richy.

2. Mp4

Sgarrista

3. neoboy

Capodecina

The Zombie Survival Guide from Max Brooks is also a must. There is also a comic called The Walking Dead, I'm not into them at all but pretty decent series and quite a big back catalogue to read through for new comers now.

EDIT: Also not a zombie themed film but The Cell by Steven King is similar to the theme.

Last edited: 21 Apr 2010
  4. Shamikebab

Capo Crimine

second the survival guide and The Walking Dead

5. _dogma_

Wise Guy

Patient Zero by Jonathan Maberry.

Not sure if you can get over here but it's a fantastic book. Really, realy enjoyable.

6. shorttricky

Wise Guy

The Walking Dead Compendium 1 has been released - contains issues 1-48 (the first 8 graphic novels.) Bearing in mind it's over 1000 pages, Amazon has it for a bargain £25.

7. Flibster

Caporegime

Go for the historical classic - Pride and prejudice and zombies. ;)

8. DJDaz

Wise Guy

available at waterstones, i'm reading it at the mo :cool:

9. Lopéz

Man of Honour

I quite enjoyed The Cell.

World War Z was great, loved it.

10. Hellsmk2

Mobster

The Walking Dead is absolutely epic.

I really didn't enjoy The Zombie Survival Guide. It took me weeks to get through as it was so thoroughly boring.

11. neoboy

Capodecina

Oh I just remember seeing The Illustrated Guide to stories in Survival Guide in Waterstones, although didn't look inside the book but might be worth looking at.

12. House

Mobster

Think I'll bag a copy of that looks good thanks for the heads up.

May have to wait to read it till i get back to the UK though, shipping 1000pages to korea could be expensive to say the least.

13. Knubje

Soldato

World War Z

/thread

14. Plebo

Gangster

The Walking Dead compendium is certainly worth getting.....£25 is really good value.

I also liked 'Hater' by David Moody. Its sequel 'Dog Blood' is out in June. Not strictly speaking a zombie book, but similar.

15. Gunni Parker

Wise Guy

The Zombie survival guide is ace. Someone has put some serious thought into tactics of how to kill of the undead. I have also heard there is Pride and Predjudice with Zombies too. Don't know what its like though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pride_and_Prejudice_and_Zombies

16. richyfingers

Wise Guy

Just finished world war z the other night and although I loved it part of me found it quite frustrating to read. It's split to into a series of interviews/stories they sometimes skim over events and situations that sound really interesting but quite often left frustrated wanting to find out more. Especially would have loved to have read more about the dogs they used during the cleanup.

17. Kitejumper

Gangster

Fantastic shout. I ordered this last week and I have been reading it on your reccomendation alone! I have not read in years " comic books " so it took me a while to stop rush reading the dialouge and slow down to really look at the art. A great gripping story , and the characters ( should they live ) just get better as I enter the 2nd half of the compendium. Fan of the genre and found the book a great addition to it. Fully reccomend it to all.

Cheers
    KJ

18. ivrytwr3

Mobster

Recently finsihed that and the follow up The Dragon Factory - not bad at all!

19. Simi

Mobster

Currently reading this, it's really good. Available at that rain forest place.

20. jcb33

Mobster

Day By Day Armagedon is worth A read.

Jcb33.

*EDIT* Ignore me, failed to see you had already read it, but the second book has just come out, and is also cracking :D

Jcb33.

Last edited: 30 Jul 2010