Zombie books

Associate
The Zombie survival guide is ace. Someone has put some serious thought into tactics of how to kill of the undead. I have also heard there is Pride and Predjudice with Zombies too. Don't know what its like though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pride_and_Prejudice_and_Zombies

I've read Pride & Prejudice & Zombies. I love zombies, and the original P&P is my favourite book, so I thought I'd love it. But found it quite hard going, I just kept wanting to read the original version, so personally I didn't enjoy it :( And some of it just felt silly.

Soldato
It lead the way for most all of the post apocalypse/zombie type stories. Romero even said he ripped off the story for 'Night of the Living Dead'

Zombies are quite similar to vampres after all, have you ever watched Twilight? :)

This is true, the undead are all cut from the same cloth, though I must admit Zombies are my favourite! Also I have not seen Twilight, been told to stay away from it...

Also note the edit in my first post, did not see you had already read Day by Day, but the second book has just come out, also worth a read!

Would also suggest the Brian Keene novels, The Rising and, City of the Dead (In that order) They are a little extreme sometimes so if you don’t like to much violence/nasty human behaviour stay clear but if you don’t mind that they are worth a read, decent Zombie books, and an interesting new take on Zombies at the same time!

Also just picked up “Zombie – An Anthology of the Undead” which I would say is worth a read, its basically a collection of stories exploring the undead, but many of them take an interesting yet unorthodox approach to what the zombie actually is, interesting stuff, and currently in the 3 for 2 at Waterstones.

Jcb33.

Last edited:
Associate
I've just finished reading "The Passage" by Justin Cronin. Its a bit of an epic (at nearly 800 pages), and is the first part of a trilogy (the next parts are out in 2012 and 2014). The film rights have been picked up by Ridley Scott's production company so there is a good chance of a film turning up at some point.

** potential spoiler **
There are 2 main parts to this book. About the first third is set a few years in the future, and then the remainder is set nearly 100 years later following an apolocalyptic event. I won't say much more, and zombies certainly DO NOT feature, but an interesting variant of them certainly does, which are probably closer to vampires. The book gets a bit slow in the middle, but it is worth a read if you like post-apocalypic event fiction!

Associate
OP
Brilliant, thanks for the suggestions. Didn't even realise the second book following on from Day by Day Armageddon was out. I'll definitely give The Passage a look.

Just placed the following order to add to the collection

Hater

Zombie: An Anthology of the Undead

Patient Zero

City of the Dead

The Rising

Feed (Newsflesh, Book 1)

Beyond Exile: Day by Day Armaggedon

Should keep me entertained for the next wee while.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Really enjoyed Hater, has a really good twist.....bah, i'm struggling to say anything about it as I dont want to give anything away. Well worth a read, i'll definitely be picking up Dog Blood.

Back
Top Bottom