Zombie films

Soldato
Maybe try the 2004 remake of Dawn of the Dead.
I'm a huge fan of the original 'Of the dead' movies but for a remake this wasn't bad and it's pretty modern.
Also someone mentioned flight of the dead, haha absolute awesome zombie action.

It sounds like you don't want to see the really good (read : pre 1985) ones though which is a shame as they are great monster movies :) Especially Dawn of the dead (1978) Get the directors cut though if you do decide to give it a chance, more gore!

Zombies are funny and scary at the same time. I love 'em :p

Soldato
DUDE SERIOUSLY Resi is rubbish, Dawn of the dead has 8. something on imdb and its a zombie movie not only is that rare its an amazing achievement. its A) the best zombie movie of all time and B) frankly AWESOME, if you dont like the retro-ness of it then go for the 2004 remake which is almost as awesome. personally though just watch both.

IMO must see zombie movies inculde
28 days later (imo weeks is shockingly bad but meh)
night of the living dead (1968) (8.0 on imdb)
Dawn of the dead 2004 (7.4 on imdb)
dawn of the dead (8.0 on imdb)
zombieland(currently in the cinema) (8.4)

on a side note day of the dead is ment to be awesome but i havent seen it (7)

Soldato
Basic rule of thumb for me is if Romero and/or Tom Savini have got anything to do with it, I'm going to like it :)
Oh and yeah he is still alive and is shooting Survival of the Dead

Soldato
Zombi 2 aka. Zombie Flesh Eaters, superb and classic Zombie film from 1979. It's not mainstream but it's without a doubt one of the best Zombie films ever made, along with Dawn of the Dead.

It's completely over-rated. It's only good for the zombie vs shark and eye popping scene. The other zombie films Fulci made are faaaaaaaaaaaaaaar superior (The Beyond and Gates of Hell).

Night of the Living Dead is still the runaway best zombie film of all time. You don't get credited with inventing the modern horror film for nothing!

Last edited:
Soldato
There is also one by Quentin Tarantino called Planet Terror, whilst being rather far fetched (Girl loses leg, girl replaces leg with M16) it's still worth a watch.

Sorry... it's pedantic i know, but it's not by Tarantino. It's directed by Robert Rodriguez. And so was Dusk till Dawn, which people also seem to claim as a Tarantino movie a lot.

And it's a B movie.

Soldato
i started a zombie movie collection not long ago, heres what i got so far.

braindead
dawn of the dead 1968
city of the living dead
dance of the dead
day of the dead
day of the dead 2
flight of the living dead
house of the dead
house of the dead 2
night of the living dead 1968 and 1990
]land of the dead
outpost(think their zombies)
platoon of the dead
Rec
the zombie diaries
dead snow
zombi 2
zombie holocaust
Return of the living dead 1-5

Associate
haha yep the lawnmower scene is classic!!

Watched Doghouse yesterday, and loved it, was great fun :)

really want to see Zombieland, just waiting a week or two so there are less people in the cinema, wish it was an 18!

Associate
by not wanting b movies and older movies you have removed the best

braindead

also known as the best film peter jackson ever made

Thats the film i immediatly thought of when I saw this thread. Along with REC and the Romero films.

Not a zombie movie but try Dog Soldiers (werewolves) good movie along the same kind of lines.

Back
Top Bottom