• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ZOTAC GTX 470 AND GTX 480 AMP! EDITION OVERCLOCKED CARDS IN STOCK NOW!

Associate
An overclock, albeit a small one, and still 10 degrees lower is pretty cool. That Zalman Cooler is the shiznai. Hopefully they will get the cooler in seperately SOON so we can use it on our sub £500 cards!!

Is the cooler going to be sold seperate ?

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=HS-049-ZA&groupid=701&catid=57&subcat=787
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=HS-048-ZA&groupid=701&catid=57&subcat=787

Associate
iirc zalman and Zotac have an agreement that zalman won't sell those coolers with any way to attach them to a fermi card for a few months

Associate
Pricing is crazy, no one in their right mind would pay £500 for a GTX 480!

A competitor has a GTX 480 bundled with two decent games for £375 delivered, so these zotac amps are just overpriced.

Associate
Pricing is crazy, no one in their right mind would pay £500 for a GTX 480!

A competitor has a GTX 480 bundled with two decent games for £375 delivered, so these zotac amps are just overpriced.

They don`t cost much more than those EVGA GeForce GTX 480 Hydro Copper cards that a lot of people seem to be buying or want.

Also by the time you buy a water cooling kit for the EVGA Hydro Copper, it`will probably work out dearer than the
ZOTAC GTX 480 AMP! EDITION with probably no extra performance than ZOTAC AMP! EDITION, though I haven`t
came across a review comparing EVGA Hydro Copper to ZOTAC AMP! EDITION to see which one comes out on
top on all areas.

I reckon the heat and performance would be very similar on both cards, though the good thing about ZOTAC AMP! EDITION, is its air
cooled, so there's no need to muck about with water.

Last edited:
Associate
They don`t cost much more than those EVGA GeForce GTX 480 Hydro Copper cards that a lot of people seem to be buying or want.

Also by the time you buy a water cooling kit for the EVGA Hydro Copper, it`will probably work out dearer than the
ZOTAC GTX 480 AMP! EDITION with probably no extra performance than ZOTAC AMP! EDITION, though I haven`t
came across a review comparing EVGA Hydro Copper to ZOTAC AMP! EDITION to see which one comes out on
top on all areas.

I reckon the heat and performance would be very similar on both cards.

WC'ed fermi's generally get temps below 60C even when overclocked past 900MHz and using Furmark

even 59C is high for a wc'ed 900MHz fermi card

with a wc'ed 470 you'd expect 850MHz+ and with a wc'ed 480 more like 870MHz+, an air cooled 470 you'd expect about 750MHz to 780MHz and an air cooled 480 you'd expect just below 800MHz to 850MHz. Both of these over 30C less than a stock 470 or 480

Associate
Well I have just received my ZOTAC GTX 480 AMP Card but as been reported on the forum and the internet the fan on mine is interfering with the plastic shroud and is making a terrible sound that i`m not going to put up with.:(

Does anyone know of a quick fix for this that won`t void the warranty and that could possibly save me having to send the card back to OcUK for replacement or RMA???

Thanks for responding.

Associate
Please ignore my last comment.

I think i've fixed the fan interfering with the plastic shroud on my ZOTAC GTX 480 AMP as it's no longer interfering with the plastic shroud and making that terrible sound.:D

I had a go at taking the plastic shroud off the graphics card and try to bend slightly up words the side that was rubbing against the fan.

Fingers crossed it doesn`t start to happen again.:eek:

This shouldn't void the warranty, should it???:confused:

Thanks for responding.

Back
Top Bottom