• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Zotac RMA experience

Associate
First post but I feel the need to share my Zotac RMA experience, In 2014 I bought a new but already old gen Zotac GTX 780Ti from OC in one of their sales (cost £250). I was a good boy and registered for the free 3-year extension ( over the standard 2-year warranty), then lived happily ever after, until 2 weeks ago when the GPU died.
I rang OC who explained politely that I should contact Zotac, and then it began.....!!
Nah, they were great! I posted the card off to their UK based service department and received an email back the day they received it, saying the cooler had died and the card was toast. Then quickly followed by another email saying the office would be in touch, I didn't have to wait long ( at most a day or two, can't remember exactly) before an email pinged in offering me a Zotac GTX 980 AMP!
I accepted (Duh!) and a couple of days later the said card landed on my doorstep. ( box sealed, appears brand new!?)
To say that I'm a happy customer is an understatement, and I wanted to post this in case anyone is considering a Zotac card, as I was a little skeptical that the 5 Year warranty would be honoured.

Permabanned
It's a better card but, I would have requested a Pascal replacement not a Maxwell one, A 6gb 1060 may be a bit slower than a 980 in some games but it would be the better choice in the long run, I'm kinda surprised they even offered a 980, they must have a pile of them going nowhere fast. Pascal's around 2 years old now.

As for Zotac I've already decided that my next GTX/RTX card will be a Zotac, with today's prices I want the piece of mind a 5 year warranty gives.

Associate
I brought my 1st Zotac card last year so glad to hear about the good customer service. I thought it was only a Asian RMA site so really good to see a UK site.

Soldato
and then it began.....!!
Hi, not that I have a problem and glad you had a good experience, but I registered my 1070 at purchase, however I can't find any info about it on the Zotac site, was this the same for yourself, did you just have to contact Zotac and they have all the info stored their end?

Hopefully I don't need to use the RMA service but curious to know just in case.

Soldato
Hi, not that I have a problem and glad you had a good experience, but I registered my 1070 at purchase, however I can't find any info about it on the Zotac site, was this the same for yourself, did you just have to contact Zotac and they have all the info stored their end?

Hopefully I don't need to use the RMA service but curious to know just in case.

They had no record of my card being registered but i had kept both the confirming email plus the invoice from here :)

Only one fan died out of 3 so its running fine for now :)

Associate
Nice intro and subversion of our expectations! Really great story and does answer a question i had about Zotac. Could be my next purchase. Gigabyte have done me proud also with their RMA fix and turnaround.

All smiles and sunshine here.

Soldato
@daveblah I've just come across this from July 2017 >> https://www.zotac.com/us/gb/news/entatech-uk-product-warranty-now-covered-zotac-uk-directly

Was this the address that you had to use to deal with your Zotac RMA?

ZOTAC RMA Centre
Unit 22 Bilton Industrial Estate
Lovelace Road, Bracknell
Berkshire RG12 8YT
United Kingdom
Tel : +44 (0) 1344 868688
Email : [email protected]

That is very odd, the address is different from one I posted 2 years ago in 2016.

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/anyone-used-zotacs-rma.18739231/page-2

RMA Administration Team
Zotac Euro Service and Support
Unit 12, Headley Park 10
Headley Road East
Woodley, Reading
RG5 4SW
United Kingdom
Tel: +44-(0)1189 272233
Fax: +44-(0)1189 272299

I found the above address from the link below.

https://www.hotukdeals.com/discussions/has-anyone-rmaed-a-faulty-graphics-card-to-zotac-2238942

Hmmm @Jimdelta82 posted on 31 May 2018 about his great experience with Zotac UK RMA and I asked him is Zotac UK RMA base address still the same in Woodley, Reading and he said yes.

Soldato
Zotac are tier1 as far as warranties go. Got a GTX 1050 swapped out for a brand new replacement within 3 days after it failed suddenly when over 1 year old. Great service from a very reliable company no hassle whatsoever.

Back
Top Bottom