Product information: A79A-S (Socket AM2) PCI-Express DDR2 MotherboardPart of the Digital Life series of motherboards, the A79A-S offers enhanced connectivity and entertainment capability, backed-up by high-performance features and components. Based on the AMD 790FX chipset, the A79A-S includes HyperTransport™ 3.0 technology for massively increased CPU-system bandwidth, and supports AM2+ Phenom processors in addition to all existing socket AM2 models. 4* PCIe Gen2.0 x16 slots are provided, enabling support for ATI CrossFireX™ technology, which harnesses the power of up to 4 ATI graphics cards. The A79A-S is designed for high-performance systems and supports Dual DDR2 1066MHz memory for better overall system performance. The onboard 106dB SNR audio includes both DTS CONNECT™ and Dolby Digital Live™ certifications, and can split 2 different sound sources from your PC thanks to Dual Digital Audio technology, which also provides more audio output options - via analogue or 2 digital audio S/PDIF outputs.
- AMD Phenom™FX, Phenom™, Athlon™ 64x2, Athlon™ 64, Sempron™ processors, - Socket AM2 and AM2+.
- Supports Socket AM2+ with HT3.0 interface
- 5.2 GT/s HyperTransport™
- Dual channel DDR2 1066/800/667/533 x 4 DIMMs, Max. 8GB
- 4* PCIe2.0 x16, 1* PCIe2.0 x1, 1* PCI
- 1* ATA133, 2* 1394a, 6* SATA II, 2* eSATA
- 7.1 channel HDA, Realtek® ALC888SDD
- Dual Gigabit LAN, Realtek®RTL8111B
- 12 USB 2.0 ports