+44 (0)1782 44 44 55
Define R6 Type-C Midi Tower Case - BlackThe Fractal Design Define R6 Black USB-C is the next logical step in the sought after and innovative series of case designs from Fractal, representing a blend of sleek aesthetics and premium technology as few others do. Now this extraordinary case has been expanded further with the addition of a modern USB 3.1 Type C port on the I/O panel, which also enables quick charging on many smartphones and tablets. Additionally, the case offers a pleasing combination of clean and angular lines with a brushed aluminium finish. As such the Define R6 is also available in a wide array of colours as well as with or without a window. All this adds up to make the Define R6 into a real looker and certainly one of the highlights of any setup.
Elegant 6th Generation Case
The front of the Define R6 is entirely plain and uninterrupted by an I/O panel - the drives and the large air inlet with a fan located behind it in the lower section are concealed by the addition of a noise dampening front door, which can be mounted so as to open either to the left or the right. The I/O panel is installed in the top of this elegant case. On the panel itself is found a cutting edge USB 3.1 Type C connector with quick charging as well as two USB 3.0-, two USB 2.0 ports and two audio jacks along with an attractively designed power button and a discrete status LED.
The coordinated colour scheme of the case's interior is broken up by the addition of white drive bays and fan blades and as such the case offers both a capacious interior for your hardware as well as excellent cooling. The drive bays can be covered over in the standard layout, or be left visible without a cover in the open layout. Additionally, ATX-, Micro-ATX- and Mini-ITX motherboards can be installed with up to seven expansion cards. Additionally, the Fractal Design Define R6 Black USB-C includes vertical expansion slots which can, with the use of an optional riser cable, hold a 2,5 slot graphics card.
Plenty of Space for Drives and Multiple Pre-Installed Dust Filters
Even large E-ATX motherboards with a width of up to 285 mm will fit comfortably. A drive cage compatible with an optical 5,25" drive can be easily removed in order to make space for radiators or other hardware. Moreover six 3,5" drives can be installed, although of course 2,5" drives will also fit. To this end two dedicated 2,5" installation slots are located on the reverse of the motherboard tray for your convenience.
Due to the patented ModuVent design, the roof and dust filter can be removed with ease and used with or without a cover to close over it. This means that a clean dust-free system is a given, helping to keep your premium hardware as good as new. Three Fractal Design Dynamic GP-14 140 mm fans provide great airflow from the factory also and even operate impressively quietly too. Six additional fans can be installed in the roof, front, bottom and side. With the installed Nexus+ Smart Hub, all nine fans can be driven off a single PWM connection.
CPU coolers can be installed in the Fractal Design Define R6 Black Tempered Glass USB-C that are up to 185 mm in height. Graphics cards can be, with the installed HDD cover, more than 155 mm high and up to 300 mm long, otherwise they may be up to 440 mm. This means the designer case offers a rich array of options when it comes to watercooling. Radiators may be up to 420 mm in size in the roof and up to 360 mm in the front. The bottom of the case can be used for a 240/280 mm radiator.
Note: The required PCIe riser cable necessary for mounting a graphics card vertically is not included and must be purchased separately. The graphics card should not be taller than two slots when installing vertically.
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 233 x 465 x 543 mm
- Material: Steel, plastic, aluminium
- Weight: approx. 12,4 kg
- Colour: Black, white
- Form Factor: E-ATX (up to 285 mm wide) ATX, Micro-ATX, Mini-ITX
- Total Possible Fans: 2 x 140 / 3 x 120 mm (front), 1 x 140/120 mm (rear), 2 x 140/120 mm (bottom), 2 x 140 / 3 x 120 mm (top)
- Pre-Installed Fans: 2 x 140 mm (Front, Dynamic X2 GP-14), 1 x 140 mm (Rear, Dynamic X2 GP-14)
- Dust Filters: Front, bottom, top
- Radiator Mountings (partially forfeits fans/front rail/HDD cage): 1 x 360/280 mm (Front), 1 x 120 mm (rear), 1 x 240/280 mm (bottom), 1 x 420/360 mm (top,restricted in standard layout)
- Drive Bays: 1 x 5,25" (external), 6 x 3,5/2,5" (internal), 2 x 2,5" (internal)
- PSU: 1 x Standard ATX (optional)
- Expansion slots: 7 (+2 vertical)
- I/O Panel: 2 x USB 2.0, 2 x USB 3.0, 1 x USB 3.1 Type C, 1 x HD Audio In/Out
- Maximum CPU cooler height: 185 mm
- Maximum GPU length: 440 mm (with front fan)
- Maximum GPU height: 155 mm (with lengths greater than 300 mm in standard layout)
- Cable guide space: 23 mm