"Define XL USB3.0 Full Tower Case - Titanium Grey"As the name implies, Define XL is the larger sibling of the acclaimed and award winning Define R2/R3 case. Similar to Define R2/R3, it offers a number of interesting functions with a very stylish appearance. It’s a case focused on low noise level, without neglecting other important features such as cooling, expandability and ease of use.
The XL is pre-fitted with dense noise absorbing bitumen material, covered with a soft foam texture. This material effectively absorbs noise generated by the components and fans inside. Paired with other noise preventing features such as a covered top panel with a 180mm fan mounted with an angle to blow out air in the rear and silicone grommets for hard drive mounting, the XL truly excels in delivering a low noise solution.
An important feature of the XL is the division into three thermal chamber designs. This enables the user to freely choose the best thermal configuration suited for their needs. First is the upper main chamber, containing most of the components, such as motherboard, ODD and one HDD cage. The main chamber is cooled by one 140mm fan in the front (included), one 120mm fan in the front (optional), one 140mm fan in the rear (included), one 120 or 140mm fan in the side panel (optional) and one 180mm fan in the top (included). The top 180mm fan is mounted with an angle, blowing out hot air through the rear side of the case. As mentioned earlier in the text, having the top covered has a clear acoustic advantage, in not letting noise emit from the top of the case. The main chamber is connected to the second thermal chamber, the PSU chamber, with a removable lid. The lid can be removed if the user wants to turn the PSU upside down, pulling out air from the main chamber. Standard, and recommended, configuration is though with the lid closed, letting the PSU taking in air from the bottom of the case, through the supplied filter.
The third chamber is the lower HDD chamber, consisting of room for six hard drives. This chamber is cooled by an optional 140mm fan in the front. The standard configuration is to let the air that has gone through the HDD’s and therefore is hot, go out behind the right side panel (seen from the front) and out in the rear of the case. However, the user can decide to remove the dividing metal panel between the lower HDD chamber and the PSU chamber, to let the air flow over the PSU and out in the rear ventilation holes.
Another unique feature with the XL is the ModuVent™ feature, inherited from the Define R2/R3 case. This is a cover fitted with noise absorbing material, mounted in the side panel fan hole, allowing the user to choose between an optimal low noise level, having the cover mounted or optimal airflow by removing the cover and mounting a fan for intake.
Apart from all these features, XL also offers excellent cable routing possibilities, with large holes and well enough space for cables behind the M/B plate. The cable routing holes are covered with silicone covers, effectively hiding the cable clutter.
A fan controller, which can be mounted in an expansion slot in the rear, is included. It can control up to three fans with one knob.
- 4x 5,25” bays, 1x 5,25” to 3,5” converter included
- Mini-itx, Micro ATX, ATX and E-ATX motherboards
- 10x HDD trays. 4x HDD trays in the HDD cage in the main chamber. This HDD cage is removable and rotatable. 6x HDD trays in the lower HDD chamber. These HDD cages are fixed.
- A total of two 140mm fans and one 180mm fan included. Front 140mm fans are mounted with removable, washable filter. A fan controller is included, for mounting in one of the rear expansion slots.
- Pre-fitted with dense noise absorbing material in both side panels.
- ModuVent™ feature, allowing the user to choose between an optimal low noise level, having the cover mounted or optimal airflow by removing the cover and mounting a fan for intake.
- 2x 140mm fans (one 140mm included, one optional) with removable and washable filters, in the front. Recommended for intake of air.
- 1x 120mm fan optional with removable and washable filter, in the front. Recommended for intake of air.
- 1x 180mm fan included in the top of the case. Recommended for exhaust of air
- 1x 140mm fan included in the rear of the case. Recommended for exhaust of air
- 1x 120/140mm fan optional in the side of the case. Recommended for intake of air
- Case size (WxHxD): 232x560x561.3mm
More links for "Define XL USB3.0 Full Tower Case - Titanium Grey"
Elegant - Functional - Minimalistic
Fractal Design was founded in 1985 (originally Fractal Software) and now specialises is elegant and practical cases. Famous for its sleek ATX, Micro-ATX and Mini-ITX cases which are refined each year through community feedback and suggestions, Fractal Design are able to provide a range of chassis which can appeal to every kind of system user. Fractal Design also offer a generous choice of power supplies, fans, and all-in-one liquid coolers.