Product information: FinePix A500 5.1 Megapixel Compact Digital CameraThe FinePix A500 Zoom is a camera that equips the starter with all they need. It spares you the technical complexity that can get in the way of a good shot, and covers the basics more than adequately. Fujifilm has over a decade of expertise in producing first-rate digital images, and it shows in this 5 million pixel camera.
- 5.1 million pixels
- 1 / 2.5 inch Super CCD HR
- Internal memory (approx. 12MB), and xD-Picture Card™ (capacities currently up to - 1GB – available to buy separately)
- Fujinon 3x optical zoom lens, F3.3 - F5.5
- Equivalent to 38 - 114mm on a 35mm camera
- Auto focus
- Shutter speed 2 to 1/1,500 sec
- 5.2x Digital zoom
- Aperture F3.3 to F5.5
- Sensitivity Auto / equivalent to ISO 100/200/400 (depending on conditions)
- 1.8"; aspect ratio 4:3; 77,000 pixels low-temperature polysilicon TFT; approx. 94% coverage
- Dimensions 93.0 (W) x 60.0 (H) x 27.5 (D) mm
- Weight 140g (excluding batteries and media)
Quality In The Image
For the first time, Fujifilm's proprietary Super CCD sensor has been used in the entry-level camera in the range. The only way to see the benefit of this feature is to savour the photos – crisp, colourful and clear, this camera enhances the reputation of Super CCD for creating pictures that don't look digital – they look real.
Designed for Everyone
Digital photography isn't everyone's specialist subject, however this camera is as accessible as they come. How often have you found that you can't work out why your pictures look wrong, only to find that you had mistakenly pressed one of the many buttons for features that you would never use? With the A500 Zoom, Fujifilm has done what most people have been hoping for: create a camera that cuts your bad shots to an absolute minimum.
Special Scene Settings
Some situations demand a little bit of photographic expertise. Luckily, the A500 Zoom has got this all built-in. If you fancy taking a portrait, sports photo, landscape or night scene, the A500 Zoom gives you the option of four modes that set the camera up to achieve optimum results.
Fujinon Zoom Lens
We all know that the number of pixels can only be brought to life by the processor within the camera. On top of that, the lens plays a decisive role in influencing the quality of the final image. The FinePix A500 Zoom makes full use of the pedigree of professional-standard optical design.